Recreation Coordinator - District of Summerland
District of Summerland
Nestled in the heart of the Okanagan Valley, Summerland has a population of approximately 12,000 residents. Escaping into our warm and friendly community allows you to reside where others come to vacation! Our easy access to spectacular beaches and parks, scenic biking and hiking trails, mountains and vineyards, and events that showcase art and culture along with our warm community spirit, help make Summerland a desirable place to work and enjoy life.
The District has an excellent opportunity for a Recreation Coordinator. This position is responsible for the ongoing development, delivery, and evaluation of a wide variety of recreational, aquatic and sport programming and events to promote healthy lifestyle of all sectors of the community. This position will work cooperatively with numerous community groups providing support for community events and is an integral member of the Community Services team. This position will supervise recreation instructors, program contractors, and volunteers.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree or diploma in Recreation or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of direct experience in a Recreation Program Coordinator role.
- Experience planning, promoting, and executing special events.
- Proven ability at successful grant proposal writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming with recreation software.
- First Aid Level 1 and CPR.
- An ability to pass and maintain a Police Information Check including the vulnerable sector section.
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
This is a CUPE position, and the full rate of pay is $37.17 per hour along with a competitive benefits package and pension.
The full job descriptions including all required skills, knowledge and qualifications can be viewed on our website at www.summerland.ca/jobs.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter (in PDF format) quoting competition number 23-18 to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 9, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.