Regional Development Advisor - Palliser Regional Municipal Services
Regional Development Advisor
Policy / Planning / Research
Palliser Regional Municipal Services
Jun 8, 2023
Palliser Regional Municipal Services (PRMS) is seeking a qualified regional Development Advisor to join our team. Working out of the PRMS office in Hanna, AB, the predominate role of the regional Development Advisor will be to provide support, advice and training to development officers through the PRMS region. To thrive in this role, you must have the ability to explain and lead people through potentially complex processes. Additionally, you will need to have great interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to create positive customer service experiences.
This position is a great fit for a candidate who has experience working as a development officer in Alberta. Your role with PRMS will generally include:
- Providing support and advice on planning & development questions and inquiries from municipal shareholders and residents.
- Developing tools and templates for municipalities and leading training sessions for development officers and MPC members in the region.
- Providing project support and advice to other staff as required.
- General office responsibilities.
May include safety code permitting responsibilities
The successful candidate possesses a post-secondary education in land use planning or related disciplines including completion of Applied Land Use Planning Certificate (ALUP), or a combination of equivalent education and experience. Previous experience and strong background in Municipal permitting is required. Further, the candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Robust knowledge of relevant provincial and municipal legislation in relation to development and enforcement processes and regulations in Alberta (e.g. Municipal Government Act, Land Use Bylaws).
- Experience and understanding of community planning practices principles and procedures, land-use planning legislation, and the ability to integrate and utilize knowledge in rural and urban planning settings.
- Experience drafting bylaws, policies and procedures is considered an asset.
- Experience with Alberta safety codes, and subdivision and development appeal board processes and procedures is considered an asset.
- Ability to take initiative and work with little direction to meet deadlines.
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Benefits of Joining PRMS
- Opportunity to work on a broad range of projects
- Work with both Rural and Urban Municipalities
- Opportunity for creativity in your work
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Work-life Balance (every second Friday off)
- Casual internal work environment
Who We Are
PRMS is a regional organization providing planning, safety code and GIS services to 24 member municipalities across over 4 million hectares in east central Alberta. Our Municipal membership is diverse, ranging from large rural counties to small villages, and everything in between.
PRMS members are communities that work together to create resiliency based on a foundation of regional collaboration.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume outlining their experience and qualifications to the attention of the undersigned:
Devin Diano, CEO/Director of Planning
P.O. Drawer 1900, Hanna, Alberta. T0J 1P0
Phone: (403) 854-3371
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. The Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.