Chief Administration Officer (CAO) - Bruderheim
Town of Bruderheim
Chief Administration Officer (CAO)
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for the overall administration of municipal operations in accordance with the objectives, policies, and plans approved by the Town Council. The position is responsible for ensuring quality services are delivered to the Town of Bruderheim as outlined in the Municipal Government Act.
Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of long term strategic and capital planning for the Town of Bruderheim:
- Lead strategic and capital planning processes, while ensuring appropriate decision making and documentation.
- As the key advisor and strategist to Council, report on corporate priorities and cultivate a collaborative approach to strategic planning.
- Ensure there are protocols in place that provides Council, staff, and the public with timely reports on the administration of the municipality
- Bridge between Town Administration and Town Council to ensure long term capital and strategic plans are implemented, evaluated and relevant.
- Ensure the public has adequate input into the development and maintenance of long-term planning for the Town.
- Oversee the development of bylaws, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate and attend Council meetings.
Represent the Town of Bruderheim on all inter-municipal and regional groups for the purpose of ensuring the interests and concerns of the Town’s residents and local businesses are well represented:
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with the Provincial Government, other local municipal governments, and municipal association officials.
- Represent the Town at conferences, events, and other functions to advocate on Council’s strategic objectives.
- Work with Council and Administration to identify and address community and corporate opportunities.
Direct, train and supervise Town staff for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient services to town residents and local businesses:
- Provide executive leadership and strategic direction to all departmental heads.
- Coach, mentor, support and advise staff as required.
Oversee the financial management and accounting of the Town of Bruderheim for the purpose of ensuring the budget of Bruderheim is managed responsibly:
- Coordinate the accounting and budgeting processes for all town cost centres.
- Ensure the various contracts (e.g., public works, administrative, etc.) are tendered out, evaluated, and fulfilled to the expectations of Town Council.
- Monitor and report to Council the status of the operating and capital budgets and plans that were approved by Council as requested/required.
- Related Post Secondary Degree in Public Administration or Business
- A minimum of eight years municipal administrative leadership experience at a senior level, supplemented with extensive management and/or leadership training
- Experience and skills required to provide strategic leadership to guide/motivate staff in the development of operating principles, service strategies and appropriate processes to achieve statutory and corporate strategic objectives
- Inter-personal, communication and presentation skills to work with Council, staff, community and business leaders, the public and all orders of government
- Ability to manage sensitive issues effectively. Ability to make decisions and provide direction on complex and emerging issues which may have substantial political, community, inter-municipal or administrative implications in an effective, professional and timely manner. Excellent knowledge of contract law, and negotiation tactics
- Outstanding supervisory skills and administrative abilities in coordinating, directing, motivating, developing and evaluating staff
- The ability to examine a budget, forecast a future budget, ensure the budget is adhered to and explain to Council, the ramifications of certain budget factors
- Significant problem-solving abilities to lead the processes to set the vision and town policies to benefit the Town of Bruderheim, supervise Town Administration staff, and resolve issues for residents and local businesses on a daily basis
- Knowledge of infrastructure operations is an asset
This position offers a competitive compensation program.
The Town of Bruderheim is a vibrant, dynamic, safe and caring community where the quality of life is second to none and diverse opportunities for people of all ages, backgrounds and cultures abound. It is our mission to build a model community which meets the demands of today’s residents while protecting for a bright future.
For more information visit Town of Bruderheim and review the Bruderheim Strategic Plan - 2022-2026
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume directly to CAO@bruderheim.ca
This competition will remain open until April 2, 2023