Be a part of something great!
Arena and Facility Service Worker 1
Competition #: 23-B009
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for auxiliary Arena and Facility Service Worker 1’s to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Facility Operations and Maintenance Supervisor in this unionized position, you will operate ice-making, resurfacing and related equipment at various municipal facilities and ice arenas.
- Operate ice-making, re-surfacing and related equipment
- Perform daily routine inspections of equipment including meter and record readings
- Monitor ice quality and energy usage to ensure that equipment and facilities are operating in compliance with municipal standards and regulations
- Assist tradespersons in repairs, tasks and facilities maintenance projects
- Identify general facility maintenance issues and perform necessary repairs as required
- Perform janitorial/custodial duties and respond to service requests
- Provide assistance to the public/user groups and enforce the rules and regulations governing the facilities
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, plus sound experience in the operation and maintenance of ice and building equipment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of materials, methods tools and equipment used in ice-making, ice resurfacing, janitorial, custodial, arena, facility and recreational work
- Ability to provide assistance and information to a variety of facility and recreation users
- Ability to operate, maintain and make minor repairs to equipment used in facilities maintenance
- Ability to establish/maintain effective communication with internal/external contacts and facility user groups
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust and requires a Police Information Check (Note - not required as part of the application process, however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
- Ice Facility Operator Certificate or equivalent
- Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $29.52 - $34.69 per hour (5 steps, 2023 rates) plus 13.5% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/external closing date for this competition: November 24, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Arena and Facility Service Worker 1
Experience an asset
Remote work unavailable
$29.52 to $34.69 Hour
Other trades certificate or diploma
January 30, 2023, 10:09 am
November 24, 2023, 4:30 pm