Be a part of something great!
Building Service Worker
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for auxiliary Building Service Workers to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Facility Operations and Maintenance Supervisor, in this unionized position you will perform custodial, janitorial and minor maintenance tasks on an assigned shift at a variety of municipal facilities.
- Sweep, wash, wax, and polish floors and related areas
- Wash hand basins, sinks, toilets, tile work and replenish supplies in washroom facilities
- Clean windows, doors, surfaces and perform minor maintenance and repair work
- Answer enquiries and provide routine information and assistance to the public as required
- Work with minimal supervision and assist in ensuring building security
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, combined with some related experience
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in janitorial work
- Knowledge of the principles used in the operation of heating, ventilation units and of routine building maintenance and minor repairs
- Ability to perform simple repair and maintenance tasks on building and heating units
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely with internal and external contacts
- Building Service Worker course is considered an asset
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however, will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $26.25 - $30.74 per hour (5 steps, 2023 rates) plus 13.5% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are non-standard hours and/or non-standard work weeks.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/external closing date for this competition: November 24, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Building Service Worker
Experience an asset
Remote work unavailable
$26.25 to $30.74 Hour
Other trades certificate or diploma
January 30, 2023, 10:06 am
November 24, 2023, 4:30 pm