Communications & Exhibits Officer - Legislative Assembly of Ontario
Communications & Exhibits Officer
Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is dedicated to serving Ontario’s Parliament.
Together, we provide non-partisan administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration and excellence.
As a member of the communications team, in Toronto, ON, you will develop creative collateral, as required. In this role, you will develop supporting print and web resources, develop and coordinate temporary and permanent exhibits in the Legislative Precinct, and coordinate the Assembly’s collection management program. As a Communications & Exhibits Officer, you will also foster public awareness and appreciation of the significance of the Ontario Parliament and Legislative Building.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Design and recommend resources to support communications, educational and exhibit program initiatives.
- Provide museum expertise to research, recommend, curate, and mount exhibits.
- Respond to inquiries and prepare guidelines regarding exhibit, heritage issues and the collection management program.
You’ll support our collaboration as you:
- Coordinate communications collateral, including, but not limited to, press releases, key messaging, promotional material, web and intranet content, communication plans, and social media posts.
- Educate staff on new content and demonstrate how program and exhibit materials can be incorporated to enhance educational initiatives.
- Coordinate events and activities to support public relations mandates.
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the public relations / communications field
- Experience in collection management, exhibit design and coordination, and conservation and preservation techniques
- Superior research, editing, writing, and customer service skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the functions, structure and procedures of the Ontario parliament and the history of Ontario
- Proven ability to multi-task and work under tight timeframes
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite and other communication-related software
- Proficiency in French (considered an asset)
If you join our team, you can expect:
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals
- A competitive benefits package and Employee Assistance Program
- Continued training and development
- A dynamic working environment
- To have access to an employee and family assistance program
- Long Service Recognition Awards
Salary Range: $58,609 to $81,109 per annum
If you share our values and are interested in this position, please visit us at www.ola.org and select Careers for more details.
File No.: LA-2023-16
Closing Date: Monday, February 6, 2023
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario embraces diversity and, as an equal opportunity employer, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace while establishing a diversified qualified workforce. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.