People and Culture Coordinator - City of Victoria
Closing date: February 7, 2023
People and Culture Coordinator (Regular Full Time)
People and Culture Department
Under the supervision of the Director, People and Culture, you will be responsible for varied and challenging responsibilities and project work to support and coordinate the work of the People and Culture team.
- Respond to inquiries from employees and members of the public, provide information and guidance including policy interpretation and referrals where appropriate
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and training seminars including preparation of agendas, minutes, reports and related materials
- Manage and compose correspondence
- Maintain intranet sites and records systems
- Administer employee access cards
- Process invoices, manage purchase orders and monitor budget
- Manage office equipment and supplies
- Conduct research in support of department initiatives
- Develop, implement and document new or improved processes and procedures to increase efficiency and business continuity
- Coordinate corporate recognition and employee engagement activities
- Handle confidential materials and communications with diligence and sensitivity
- Act as the FOI contact for the department and coordinate information releases
- Completion of Grade 12 and a certificate program in office or business administration, or Human Resources;
- A minimum of two years of administrative or office management experience, preferably in a Human Resources environment.
- Proficiency in relevant applications including HRIS, ATS and Office 365 (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to effectively communicate policies and procedures to internal and external stakeholders
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals, partners and stakeholders
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to make independent decisions and work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of privacy legislation as it applies to a range of records, documents and information.
Work schedule: Monday – Friday, 35 hour work week
Please note, this position requires the incumbent to primarily work from the office
Pay band 1, $63,140.35 – $74,283.31
Job Code #3003
To apply for this opportunity you will need to create an online profile or log back in to our career portal at www.victoria.ca/jobs - only online submission will be considered. All applications must be submitted online by 4:30 pm on the closing date noted on the posting. Please be prepared to provide proof of qualifications and supporting materials as outlined in your resume.
If you require assistance, please email us at email@example.com.