Clerk 3 - Civic Facilities - City of Surrey
City of Surrey
Clerk 3 - Civic Facilities
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Welcome to Civic Facilities!
The City of Surrey currently has an exciting opportunity for a Clerk 3 position within the Planning and Development Department to help support our Civic Facilities Operations Section based out of the Surrey Operations Centre. This clerical position specifically supports our Operations and Maintenance division who maintain City Facilities in respect to various trades. Our in-house expertise includes plumbing, electrical, HVAC, fire safety, labour, painting and carpentry. Your primary role will be to process internal service requests from civic facilities and assist the administration team.
Union- CUPE LOCAL 402- Regular Part-Time (4 days a week 80%)
- Assist with processing of service requests from all civic facilities.
- Prioritize and dispatch the appropriate trades and create work orders.
- Respond to client requests and inquiries regarding status of service requests.
- Invoice processing and research.
- Corrects and applies work orders.
- Ordering and receiving of various materials.
- Screens invoices for accuracy and service delivery and prepares for signature from appropriate staff.
- Purchase card reconciliation and petty cash.
- Reconcile the daily and biweekly payroll data input.
- Administrative support to operation staff and managers.
- Archiving files.
- Prepare agendas and meeting minutes of safety and operations meetings.
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by several courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and training in an office environment.
- Must have an accurate typing speed of 45WPM.
This job will be posted until February 7, 2023