Director of Public Works & Engineering - District of Hudson's Hope
Director of Public Works & Engineering
The District of Hudson’s Hope is a picturesque and vibrant community situated on the banks of the Peace River in the foothills of the Rockies. With a population of 1,000, the community provides a relaxed lifestyle and offers many recreational opportunities.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Public Works is responsible for the administrative work in directing and supervising all divisions of the Public Works Department which include operation/maintenance of streets, water & sewer distribution, water & wastewater plant, building maintenance, campgrounds, and landscape. Other responsibilities will include policy development, program planning, fiscal management and administration of the District’s public works, recreation events, water distribution and treatment, wastewater collection and treatment.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Preference will be given to applicants with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering sciences, construction management, public administration, or closely related field, from an institution accredited in Canada with five (5) years of management and supervisory experience in the Public Works field.
- Applicants with less education but extensive relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Experience in construction, operation and maintenance of public works infrastructures, administrative ability; and supervisory experience, skilled in public presentations, coordination and negotiations.
- Strong working knowledge of theory, principles, practices and techniques of public works, traffic engineering, municipal water and sewers engineering, and public works and utilities and facilities maintenance functions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- The incumbent of this position shall be a creative and strategic leader of high integrity who embraces a customer service philosophy.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence (minimum Class 5).
The salary for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experiences. A comprehensive benefits package and relocation assistance may be provided as required. The District thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit District’s website and check the following link for the job descriptions for this position: https://hudsonshope.ca/district-office/careers-job-postings/
Applications with a cover letter and detailed résumé of work experience, education and qualifications will be received at the municipal office until 4:30 p.m., Thursday, February 16, 2023. For any clarification or to send the application by email, please see below.
District of Hudson’s Hope
9904 Dudley Drive, PO Box 330
Hudson’s Hope, BC, V0C 1V0
Tel: (250) 783-9901 / Fax: (250) 783-5741
Posted: January 24, 2023