IT Technician - Urban Systems Ltd. (Kelowna)
About the Opportunity
We are looking to add an IT Technician to our lively Kelowna branch. Can you stay calm in the face of changing priorities and enjoy putting your service mindset to work? If organization is your mainstay, you are energized to work with many different people and have decent IT know-how; let’s connect!
Working alongside our team of IT professionals, you will carry out a variety of duties in computer software and hardware support services and some computer programming/scripting. You are the first point of contact for branch staff and need to be comfortable and proficient in dealing with a wide variety of issues and people.
Coupled with the unmatched learning and project experience opportunities, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PCs, Windows servers, printers, network. devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Providing technical support to staff in Kelowna, Nelson, and Cranbrook.
- Installing and supporting common office and engineering software applications.
- Support corporate network infrastructure as required.
- Providing excellent service and technical support to staff.
Our ideal candidate is a graduate of a Computer Technology diploma program, with five years of related experience. Those with less experience will be considered if their experience is in a relevant field. Experience in administering a Microsoft environment would be essential. We are also looking for the following skills, strengths, and interests:
- You are comfortable dealing with a wide variety of issues and people.
- You are a passionate problem solver with a keen eye for detail.
- You are energetic and enthusiastic – someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You have highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- You are motivated by a desire to provide excellent service.
- You are self-directed and take the initiative to get things done.
- You possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary community consulting firm with deep Canadian roots. We are united in our mission to transform communities everywhere into vibrant places where people want to live today, tomorrow, and forever.
At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community. Since 1975, we have grown to more than 600 people with 15 offices across Canada. Every day, our purpose-driven team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver impactful work. We are proud to work with diverse clients including Indigenous communities, all levels of government, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for a meaningful challenge and to create impact in your community? Join a tight-knit team of professionals at Urban Systems and be part of our mission to build vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as part of our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Your skills and contributions are valued. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more.
- Flexible Hours & Work Environment. You have a life outside of work! We offer flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Paid Time Off. We understand the importance of taking time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones! Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Saving for the Future. To help you achieve your long-term financial goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program to match your contributions to an RRSP or TFSA.
- Learn and Grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important work for our clients and their communities.
- Beautiful Office. Do your best work in office spaces designed with your needs in mind. Each of our 15 offices has its own unique personality and design.
- Create Lasting Community Impact. 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life!
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams lead to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, at 9:00 am PDT
Careers - Urban Systems