Support Clerk - Township of Langley
Be a part of something great!
(from approx. February 27, 2023 to February 23, 2024)
Competition #: 23-U017
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Support Clerk (from approx. February 27, 2023 to February 23, 2024) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Business Support Department. Reporting to the Manager, Administration and Business Services (Engineering), in this unionized position you will prepare and process a variety of enquiries, requests and applications. This position will appeal to candidates who are committed to excellence in customer service and have the ability to manage and prioritize tasks with speed and accuracy.
- Respond to enquiries, requests and complaints by phone, email and in person, and assist by explaining and interpreting rules, regulations, and general policies
- Receive telephone and radio calls, and dispatch crews as required
- Receive and process applications for various engineering permits for referral, review and approval by appropriate technical staff
- Perform a variety of tasks in support of the Engineering Division
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by commercial and accounting courses plus considerable related experience, preferably in a municipal environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, and proper vocabulary for preparation of correspondence is critical
- Knowledge of recordkeeping, billing and related clerical functions
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, internal and external contacts in processing a variety of enquiries, complaints and related matters
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $25.82 - $30.33 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday; 7 hours per day between 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: February 1, 2023
External closing date for this competition: February 1, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.