Lifeguard/Instructors - City of Penticton
City of Penticton
Employment Type: Part-time Permanent
Location: Penticton, BC, CA
Apply URL: https://penticton.prevueaps.ca/jobs/19316.html
Penticton is a vibrant, innovative, healthy waterfront city focused on sustainability, community, and economic opportunity. At the City of Penticton, our goal is to serve our residents, businesses, and visitors through good governance, partnership and the delivery of effective and community-focused services.
The City of Penticton is looking to fill the part-time permanent position of Lifeguard/Instructor in our Recreation Department. The Recreation Department promotes and contributes to a healthy community and enhances the quality of life for Penticton residents and visitors through planning, management and delivery of recreation, sport events and active living opportunities. This department partners with volunteers, community members and private sector providers to support recreation opportunities in the City.
Reporting to the Recreation Operations Supervisor the Lifeguard/Instructor is primarily responsible for a variety of duties in the provision of aquatics and drowning prevention services at the Community Centre Pool. In addition to supervision, instruction and/or facilitation of aquatics programs, the Lifeguard/Instructor provides services including public safety, first aid, emergency response and ensures operational standards are maintained to required legislated and industry requirements.
- Safety supervision of public swim participants, enforcement of facility and industry safety standards and related public relations.
- First aid and emergency response, including appropriate documentation.
- Instruction of all levels of the Red Cross Swim program, including lesson plans and progress reports, as scheduled.
- Instruction of private and school boards lessons, including planning and administration.
- Customer service and public education.
- Light custodial and maintenance duties.
Required Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent physical condition.
- Education, Training & Experience:
- Standard First Aid.
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Award.
- Lifesaving Society Swim for Life Instructor Award (required but consideration may be made for candidates in process).
- Police Information Check is required.
- Lifesaving Instructor Award is an asset.
- Aquatic Fitness certification is an asset.
At the City of Penticton, we recognize that great talent and great ideas come from a variety of backgrounds. Tapping into the diversity of our community makes us all stronger and allows us to serve Penticton even better.
That's why we welcome all applicants to consider joining our team. We encourage Indigenous persons, people of colour, all genders and expressions, 2SLGBT2QIA+, persons living with disabilities, and others who reflect our ever-changing workplace to apply.
So, if your experience is close to what we're looking for, we would love a chance to talk about working with you. We welcome your cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis and candidates are encouraged to apply at any time.
Positions require a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, include evening and weekend shifts and will be subject to availability based on operational needs.
$24.58 per hour plus $0.68 per hour when instructing (CUPE)
Additional 15% in lieu of benefits, vacation and statutory holidays
Apply at https://penticton.prevueaps.ca/jobs/19316.html