Support Services Coordinator – RCMP - City of Kamloops
City of Kamloops
Support Services Coordinator – RCMP
Closing Date: February 5, 2023
At the City of Kamloops, we believe in progressive and barrier-free recruitment for everybody every day. This means employment opportunities for all in a safe, inclusive and diverse workplace. We know our city is stronger when we hire qualified individuals from different backgrounds with diverse experiences, cultures and perspectives.
We are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big-city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team working alongside the RCMP. This position is responsible for the coordination and supervision of the RCMP Administrative Support Staff. The successful applicant must have experience supervising staff and working in a records management position for a police agency. If this sounds like an opportunity that you would enjoy, please apply today!
The successful Candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Proficient in intermediate Word and intermediate Excel, as demonstrated through testing (70% pass rate required).
- Typing speed of 50 net words per minute, as demonstrated through testing.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the last five years working in a records management position using PRIME, CPIC, MNI and JUSTIN.
- Minimum of one year’s previous experience supervising and training staff.
- Successful completion of PRIME Records Management System course and the online CPIC course through Agora.
- Ability to obtain and maintain RCMP Reliability Security Clearance (please note, if you are unable to obtain or maintain a RCMP Reliability Security Clearance, your employment with the City will be terminated).
- Ability to be designated as a “Special Provincial Constable” under the British Columbia Police Act.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hours per Week
Please note if you need assistance or have individual needs or requirements throughout the application process, contact the Human Resources Department by telephone, email email@example.com or in person at 105 Seymour Street so we can better support you.
External job postings are open to everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest. Please be sure to review the application requirements of each job you apply for. Only those selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Applications are accepted online at kamloops.ca/careers.