Training and Program Development Coordinator - City of Kamloops
City of Kamloops
Training and Program Development Coordinator
Closing Date: February 5, 2023
At the City of Kamloops, we believe in progressive and barrier-free recruitment for everybody every day. This means employment opportunities for all in a safe, inclusive and diverse workplace. We know our city is stronger when we hire qualified individuals from different backgrounds with diverse experiences, cultures and perspectives.
We are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big-city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
Do you have a passion for mentoring and collaboration in your community? The City is looking for a Training And Program Development Coordinator – Aquatics. This position will play a pivotal role in the development of new and upcoming lifeguards and develop new programs to engage with School District 73 to improve community safety through teaching children how to swim. This union leadership position allows someone who is self-motivated to be creative and use their passion and education to develop City driven programs.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Education, Physical Education, or equivalent.
- Canadian Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor certificate.
- Lifesaving Society Instructor's certificate.
- National Lifeguard Award (Pool Option).
- Occupational First Aid Level I certificate.
- Pool Operator Level I certificate.
- Minimum two years' (equivalent to 3,000 hours) previous experience as a Lifeguard I, Deck Leader, or equivalent.
- Minimum one year's previous supervisory experience.
- Must have at least one of the following:
- National Lifeguard Service Instructor
- Lifesaving Society Instructor Trainer
- Red Cross Instructor Trainer
- Lifesaving Society Swim for Life Instructor Trainer
- First Aid Instructor and AED Instructor
Please note that this is a new job classification, and the pay grade is subject to agreement between the Employer and the Union.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
Hours & Days of Work
Sunday to Thursday & Monday to Friday (Rotational) 8:30am-4:30pm
Hours per Week
Please note if you need assistance or have individual needs or requirements throughout the application process, contact the Human Resources Department by telephone, email firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 105 Seymour Street so we can better support you.
External job postings are open to everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest. Please be sure to review the application requirements of each job you apply for. Only those selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Applications are accepted online at kamloops.ca/careers.