Events Manager - City of Grande Prairie
Communication / Information / Cultural
City of Grande Prairie
Feb 3, 2023
You will lead efforts in attracting and retaining a wide variety of events including, but not limited to: concerts, national and international sporting competitions, family events and tradeshows, conventions, in-house productions, banquets, holiday functions, cultural celebrations, weddings, and more.
You will oversee all aspects of live event planning and implementation. including booking, advancing, and executing the show. You will lead efforts in streamlining event strategies under the guidance of the Director of Events and Entertainment.
You will develop and expands current initiatives including event staff training and onboarding, event security implementation and training, crowd management strategy, communication, recognition platforms, administrative tasks, guest feedback and data analysis for process improvement. This position will oversee and mentor the Event Specialist, providing support in areas of guest experience and relations, event logistics and production, industry-specific processes, and event marketing.
- Aggressively promote Bonnetts Energy Centre and Montrose Cultural Centre to potential clients while developing a broad range of exciting and diverse programming for the facilities
- Execute facility booking contract details by determining, planning, and organizing production and technical requirements and other event details in cooperation with the show organizers and internal departments
- Determine event staffing requirements in cooperation with team members and assign work to contracted series (ie: event labour crews, rigging needs and medical personnel)
- Develop and facilitate comprehensive Events & Entertainment Event Support Staff training programs
- Work in conjunction with Albert Gaming Liquor Cannabis Commission, Alberta Health Services, Grande Prairie Fire Department, Permitting and Inspections
- Develop and maintain a cooperative relationship with representatives of the entertainment industry, event organizers, communication media, production contractors, other City departments, community groups, sponsors and the public
- Assist in the development and management of in-house and co-promoted events to maximize revenue
- Attend and supervise events, as required
- Assist with daily operations of the business office, assist tenants and contracted service partners
- Work cooperatively with the Bonnetts Energy Centre, The Bowes, and Montrose Cultural Centre teams
- Mentor support staff
- Ensure all event setup requirements are met
- Be the primary point of contact for tours/event organizers, vendors, and crew, liaising with representatives leading up to, during and following the event
- You bring a post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing, Hospitality, or Communications (or equivalent).
- You bring a minimum of three years experience of in planning and execution of major events or concerts. Experience in a multi-use facility with an ice surface is an asset.
- Completion of IAVM Management School (or equivalent) is an asset.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are known as a self-starter.
- You enjoy working in a team environment and are a great communicator.
- You are comfortable working long hours, with many evening and weekend responsibilities.
- You are energetic and enjoy leading a team of diverse individuals.
35 hours per week, evenings & weekends a requirement
Pay Band E from $41.56 to $53.71
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within 60 days of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit a cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on the following link: City of Grande Prairie
2. Applications will be reviewed, and short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive per job posting, we cannot answer job-specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.