Executive Assistant. - Lacombe County
County Manager Department | Permanent Full-Time Position | Monday - Friday | 8:30am - 4:30pm
Due to an upcoming retirement, Lacombe County is recruiting for a skilled Executive Assistant.
Reporting to the County Manager, this senior-level administrative position provides comprehensive administrative support to the County Manager. This position works in cooperation with Council, staff, other government bodies, and the general public.
The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of the County Manager’s office, for the preparation of Council meeting agenda packages and minutes, and for providing legislative, governance and procedural support.
Provide senior level administrative support to the County Manager:
- Be the first point of contact to access County Administration; respond to public inquiries (in person, online, and over the phone) on behalf of the County Manager.
- Provide high-quality, professional administrative support including: composing confidential and complex correspondence, assisting with the preparation and amendments of bylaws, policies, procedures, letters, and administrative directives for the department, preparing meeting notes and presentation materials, etc.
- Manage and monitor the County Manager’s calendar. Respond to events, schedule appointments and provide support in meeting appointments and deadlines.
- Coordinate special projects, activities and events as requested by the County Manager and attend events and functions as required.
Provide professional legislative support to Council:
- Prepare agendas, minutes, and relevant background materials for Council.
- Attend Council, committee and other pertinent meetings; responsible for meeting decision follow-up and associated processes.
- Assist with documentation, reporting, appointments, events, and deadlines pertaining to Council.
- Register Council Members for events and conferences. Plan for accommodations and travel arrangements.
- Serve as an information resource for the organization regarding various matters. Develop an in-depth understanding of the Municipal Government Act, Council bylaws and polices, other relevant legislation, County processes, etc.
- Post secondary education in Office Administration or a related program.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible related experience with at least 2 years of experience providing senior level administrative support. Experience supporting elected officials and/ or executives in a municipal setting is an asset (but not required).
- A high level of competence using Microsoft 365 and a variety of office and web based applications. Working knowledge of SharePoint is an asset.
- Exceptional written communication skills with an eye for detail, spelling, punctuation, flow, consistency and accuracy.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines. Strong time management skills combined with the ability to work independently is required.
- Established ability to demonstrate sound judgment and tact when dealing with confidential, and/or political sensitive matters.
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining effective relationships and communications with internal and
- Must be able to work flexible work hours based on job demands (i.e. attend evening meetings etc).
Why Lacombe County
Lacombe County is committed to maintaining a vibrant, healthy, safe, caring and inclusive work environment. We hire great people who are looking to contribute to our respectful workplace. We support a work-life balance and offer an excellent compensation package including:
- A Pension for Life! This position participates in the Local Authorities Pension Plan, a defined benefit pension plan, where a monthly pension is paid to you for life upon retirement.
- A comprehensive group health and dental plan plus an annual health/wellness spending account.
- Professional development support and opportunities.
- Participation in the flex-time program (work additional time during the work day to earn additional time off).
- A flexible work-from-home program.
- Annual vacation that increases with each year of employment, and more.
To express interest, please forward your application no later than 8AM, February 2, 2023 to: email@example.com.
*Interviews will be scheduled in February*
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.