Application Systems Analyst - Rocky View County
Rocky View County
Application Systems Analyst
Communication / Information / Cultural
Rocky View County
Feb 27, 2023
The Application Systems Analyst is responsible for the development and use of new applications, systems software, and upgrades to existing applications throughout the business. Additionally, ensure that development projects match business needs and requirements, furnish end-user requirements, identify, and resolve systems issues, conduct pre-testing of systems, and make proper modifications. The Application Systems Analyst manages and directs procedures for the application team towards their utilization for business operations and confers with peers and system and network administrators to ensure quality assurance, algorithmic consistency, and data processing.
The Application Systems Analyst identifies and resolves program errors, providing technical assistance to project managers and application support analysts, analyzing existing applications and recommending improvements for these systems, and designing/creating/installing enhancements and upgrades to software or other programs. The Application Systems Analyst also researches and makes recommendations on software products and services for procurement, does feasibility studies for software and system products planned for purchase, and gives suggestions based on findings.
- Provide application and technical support for all systems used.
- Analyze, develop, test, and implement system enhancements, customizations, and interfaces.
- Investigate, evaluate, develop, and implement cost effective solutions to complex business or system problem being cognizant of resulting impacts on system integration, business policies and practices.
- Act as subject matter expert on business process re-engineering, design, and implementation of business and /or systems solutions.
- Design and create system reports to effectively collaborate with process owners and users to identify technical requirements and solutions for business processes.
- Design and develop integration process and specs for applications.
- Adhere to IT change management process
- Develop, promote, and create improvements to application standard work procedures and knowledgebase
Strategy, Planning, Analysis, Administration
- Ability to prioritize a variety of projects utilizing the systems and procedures available.
- Ability to operate with reasonable independence, while ensuring positive, effective client relations.
- Work collaboratively with the Business Solutions Delivery team in developing and refining internal procedures and processes.
- Keep abreast with new and evolving technologies.
- Highly self-directed with the ability to take initiative, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Attend and participate in inter-jurisdictional meetings and activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Act in a professional and responsible manner to protect the integrity of employees and the business of Rocky View County.
- Display a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, business and residents of Rocky View County.
- Work in accordance with the requirements established by the RVC Health and Safety Program and the Alberta OHS Act, Regulation and Code.
- Take reasonable care to protect their health and safety and other persons at or in the vicinity of the worksite while they are working.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to a bachelor's degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in the field of Computer Science with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience in developing applications and performing relevant maintenance. Other education, training and experience will be considered as a possible equivalency.
- Software development lifecycle processes.
- Proficiency in MS SQL Server is required.
- Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Application Return Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to www.rockyview.ca
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.