Communications Coordinator - Columbia Basin Trust
Columbia Basin Trust
The Communications Coordinator collaborates with others to coordinate communications and marketing activities that explain and promote the Trust’s programs and initiatives, and how the Trust supports community development in the region. This position coordinates and supports the delivery of written materials, social media and digital campaigns, content management, media relations activities, advertising materials, and branding efforts and provides administrative support to the Communications Department. This position reports to the Manager, Communications.
Coordinates communications and marketing plans and campaigns.
- Assists in planning and implementing marketing and communication plans and projects that target internal and external audiences.
- Performs regular analysis of marketing and communication activities and creates reports.
- Conducts research to support the Trust’s marketing and communication efforts.
Coordinates the development of communication and marketing materials.
- Writes stories, video scripts, briefing notes, web copy, speaking notes, PowerPoint and Prezi presentations, reports, brochures and other marketing materials.
- Coordinates the design and production of portable displays, audio visual material, including photography and videography.
- Collaborates with external graphic designers to create marketing and communication materials.
- Designs and develops print and digital advertising materials and collaborates with graphic designers.
- Writes advertising copy.
- Develops advertising schedules for campaigns and books advertising with vendors.
- Supports the procurement of Trust-branded promotional merchandise.
Coordinates web, digital and social media strategies.
- Updates the Trust’s websites with text, graphics, photography.
- Responsible for drafting social media posts and campaigns, including paid ads
- Responsible for publishing and scheduling content on social media to support an active social media presence.
- Responsible for engaging with relevant social media channels.
- Compiles statistics and data from social media, websites and email campaigns.
- Produces regular analytics reports, key insights and recommendations for future activities and campaigns.
Coordinates media relations and outreach efforts.
- Coordinates, writes and distributes media releases and Basin stories.
- Supports the development of key messages for writing efforts.
- Supports message response and interview bookings with staff.
- Monitors, analyzes and distributes media clippings.
Coordinates events and activities as required.
- Supports the development of event plans and staff and Board attendance at public facing events.
- Prepares materials for events such as presentations.
Provides administrative support to the department.
- Organizes team meetings and takes minutes.
- Verifies receipt of goods for Communications Department invoices.
- Supports budget tracking.
Performs other related duties as required.
Training & Experience
- Minimum two-year diploma in communications, marketing, social media, journalism, business or other communications-related field or equivalent.
- Two to four years of communications and marketing experience that includes writing a range of content, supporting media relations activities, coordinating social media and digital campaigns, audio visual projects, advertising and supporting events.
- Demonstrated experience with Wordpress and/or website content management experience is required.
- Experience with graphic design elements and principles, including experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and/or Canva or Creatopy (formerly Bannersnack) is considered an asset.
- Experience or training using Google Analytics and Google Ads is considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Software (particularly Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing and social media activities.
- Ability to write, edit and revise marketing and communication materials to be clear and concise using plain language and with proper grammar and punctuation.
- Working knowledge of principles, and best practices related to internal and external marketing and communications activities.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships throughout the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve results.
- Ability to work as part of a high-performance team.
- Ability to be flexible in a changing environment.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and be results-oriented.
- Ability to exercise initiative and bring sound judgment to problem solving and decision making.
To apply go to https://ourtrust.org/about/careers/