City Engineer - City of Meadow Lake
The City of Meadow Lake is accepting applications for the position of City Engineer. This is a permanent full-time position, reporting to the City Manager.
The City is located 156km from North Battleford or 186km from Lloydminster and close to Meadow Lake Provincial Park. This is where the boreal forest and the prairies are delineated. It is a beautiful place to live work and play. This small but dynamic city of approximately 5,400 people hosts a vibrant economy based on agriculture, forestry and related service industries. The City is also the service and business hub for other communities in the region. Meadow Lake has many amenities and outdoor activities abound, including an 18-hole golf course *. (See below)
This management position is responsible for engineering works related to the overall analysis, planning and follow through of all city infrastructure and capital projects, asset management, and budgeting. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Managing all major civil projects for the city including liaising with funding agencies, regulatory bodies, contractors, and the public regarding the project.
- Developing projects from concept and lead projects through planning, budgeting, design, tendering, and implementation.
- Preparing and maintaining infrastructure planning documents and a long-term capital plan.
- Developing and monitoring departmental budgets, keeping the City Manager and Council well informed of project progression and any necessary budget or scope changes.
- Ensuring the City’s asset management plan and asset management framework are effective and complete
- Departmental staffing and supervision
Other important duties include, grant application writing, review of development applications, approval of excavation permits, utility construction applications, provision of technical support to public works and other departments, recommending developments when necessary, reporting, review of policies and bylaws regarding infrastructure and recommend updates.
The ideal candidate will foster a results-oriented work ethic and ability to work independently to produce quality materials and recommendations within tight timelines. They will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer designation and will be in good standing with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists in Saskatchewan (APEGS).
- Minimum 5 years of municipal engineering experience. Supervisory experience will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of the civil construction process, budgeting, planning, design, municipal construction, and specifications.
- Strong skills in GIS and AutoCAD. Skills in modelling and design software will be considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including interacting with the public confidently through phone, email or in-person.
*Year-round outdoor activities are Meadow Lake’s biggest draw with plenty of opportunities to camp, hunt, fish, snowmobile, ski, quad, swim, bike, or even golf at the City’s 18-hole golf course. In addition to all the standard amenities and affordable cost of living, Meadow Lake is only 30 minutes away from one of Saskatchewan’s most pristine outdoor playgrounds, Meadow Lake Provincial Park, with more than 20 lakes and 1,600 km2 of forest.
The City of Meadow Lake offers a competitive compensation package including a full employee benefit package. The annual salary range for this position is $98,558 to $123,197.
For more information and detail regarding the job posting please contact Matt Noble at the Ravenhill Group address or phone number shown below:
Please submit a resume and cover letter, by 4:30 p.m. on March 15, 2023 to:
Toll Free 1-888-447-5910, Ext. 709
North Tower 97 Main Street N,
Markham, ON L3P 1X7
Toll Free: 1-888-447-5900
877 East Chestermere Road,
Chestermere, AB T1X 1A7
Phone: (403) 612-5900
1280 Wilkinson Road, suite 300
Comox B.C. V9M 4B8
Phone: 1-236-655-2365 or
1-888-447-5910 ext. 709