Information & Records Management Analyst - Sturgeon County
Information & Records Management Analyst
Are you an Information Management professional looking to lend your talents to a busy team leading the way in information and records management? If so, Sturgeon County has an opportunity for you! We are seeking an Information Management (Records) Analyst to be part of our energetic team in driving innovation and transformation towards a digital information management environment. If you are comfortable and confident working in and being a subject matter expert for Sharepoint (or have experience in a similar platform), your skills will be a welcome addition.
If you thrive working in a hybrid setting and have minimum of 4 years experience in this field or have a combination of completed education and 2 years applicable experience, we encourage you to apply.
Come work for our great organization where we will recognize the value you bring as an Information Management Analyst and where you will be supported by great staff. We are excited to hear from you! Click here to apply.
- Provide professional and technical advice to develop and implement records and information management programs and systems such as information architecture, metadata, security and permissions, and retention policies.
- Research, update, and manage retention schedules in accordance with applicable legislative and business requirements.
- Responsible for the administration, testing, and maintenance of the electronic records management system.
- Responsible for assessing classification and retention period assigned to department records registered in the electronic records management system.
- Document internal work processes for the management and maintenance of the records and information management program and systems.
- Develop and deliver records and information management training to Sturgeon County staff.
- Develop guiding documents for the use of records and information management systems, tools, and resources provided to end users.
- Perform individual department assessments on records and information management program implementation and performance in the form of internal audits, scheduled and ad-hoc reviews of department business and processes, as well as tracking and maintaining routine indicators and status reports, as directed by the IM Team Lead.
- Provide input regarding evaluation, preparation, and maintenance of record holdings and tracking programs.
- Coordinate and evaluate records and information management activities to ensure standardization across the organization.
- Daily liaison with departments in a records and information management analytical and advisory capacity.
- Promote records and information management principles and best practices.
- Liaison with external municipal organizations and/or vendors concerning records and information management services and initiatives as required.
- Enclose records that have been closed to containers for inactive and permanent record storage.
- Prepare boxes for final disposition.
- Maintain records storage locations and respond to requests/inquiries regarding inactive/permanent records.
- Participate in special initiatives/projects as required.
- Assist Access & Privacy Coordinator as necessary.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- Knowledge of records and information management principles and systems.
- Knowledge of functionality and procedures of office automation systems, and skill in application of those systems.
- Ability to understand and interpret the interdisciplinary nature of records and information systems.
- Understand and apply security/permissions when assigning roles in records and information management systems taking into consideration personal and sensitive information.
- Proficient skills in all Microsoft programs, including Exchange, Office document applications, OneDrive, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Skill in effective written and verbal communications, including contributing to/preparing reports, guiding documents and training materials.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a manner understandable to Sturgeon County staff and external contacts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Sturgeon County and its business processes.
- Physical abilities for this position include lifting up to 30-pounds. May be required to use a short ladder as necessary to access files on shelves. In rare circumstances, handling of physical records media may involve exposure to dust or mold, subject to personal protective equipment and other precautions.
- This position requires four (4) years in records analysis, records administration, and/or records management programs that includes two (2) years technical records management and retention experience; or
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in Records Information Management with a minimum of 2 years technical records management and retention experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Must have and maintain a home-based office as this is a hybrid position.
- Experience in business process analysis, with a keen interest in records and information management is an asset. Thorough understanding of functional methodology; experience in electronic records management systems and the development of SharePoint sites, would also be an asset. Records and Information Management Specialist, Information Management Specialist