Operations Manager - Town of Pincher Creek
Town of Pincher Creek962 St John Ave (Box 159)
Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
403 627 3156
Management / Administration
Town of Pincher Creek
Mar 31, 2023
The Town of Pincher Creek has a population of 3,642, is located East of the Canadian Rockies and provides a wonderful mix of rural and urban amenities. An outdoor enthusiast’s dream with the Rockies at your door step the possibilities are endless from hiking, fishing, wind surfing, and skiing. Pincher Creek has it all!
The Town of Pincher Creek has an opening for a full-time Operations Manager to supplement our ongoing focus in the delivery of Operational services. The Manager directly oversees Operational staff and will provide direction, guidance, and feedback to their teams as they deliver core services to the Town of Pincher Creek.
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively more responsible professional municipal experience
- Strong background in leadership, supervision, and performance management skills
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Significant knowledge of civil and municipal engineering practices
- Understanding and delivery of Certification of Recognition (COR) Safety program
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Professional designations/memberships with APEGA, ASET and/or APWA
- Experience with Water/Wastewater Treatment, Alberta Environment Level 2 certifications preferred
- Incident Command System certification(s)
HOURS OF WORK
This position is expected to work 40-hours per week (Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 4:30).
Please note the incumbent must be able to work extended hours to meet deadlines and urgent requirements, especially during construction season, and attend evening Council meetings as required.
Job Classification: Out of Scope
Dependent on qualifications and experience, the salary range for this position is $86,000 - $95,000 per year. In addition, the Town of Pincher Creek offers a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
NATURE OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Infrastructure, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the following:
- Water Treatment & Distribution
- Wastewater Collection & Treatment
- Transportation (snow removal, road & sidewalk maintenance, signage)
- Solid Waste Management
- Cemetery Maintenance
- Stormwater Management &
- Environmental Protection (creek erosion, slope sloughing, drainage)
- Vehicle & Equipment Fleet
- Facilities Maintenance
In order to appropriately manage the above-mentioned services, the successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Annual Performance Reviews of Staff
- Determining Staff Training Needs
- Ensuring Adequate Staffing Levels
- Disciplinary Action as Required
- Administration of Union Collective Agreement
- Assist with Drafting of Capital & Operating Budgets
- Assist with Grant Applications
- Appropriate Management of Annual Budgets Throughout the Year
A detailed job description can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting shall remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter in PDF format to:
Alexa Levair, Director of Operations & Infrastructure
We wish to thank everyone who applies; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.