Icemaker Maintenance Worker 3 - City of Delta
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Icemaker Maintenance Worker 3
The City of Delta is seeking an individual who has an interest in working closely with the public by providing exceptional customer service in a recreation multi-complex environment. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of recreation facilities, the ability to do physical work and strong communication and customer service skills.
This is combined technical maintenance and supervisory operational work performed on an assigned shift in a multi-purpose sports complex. The work involves ensuring that all the mobile and stationary equipment and machinery functions effectively and is maintained on a regular basis. Incumbents are required to carry out minor repairs when breakdowns occur, perform a variety of building maintenance duties and undertake limited construction and renovation projects according to prepared specifications and as directed. In addition, an incumbent performs a variety of ice making, custodial and related service activities.
Required Licences, Certificates and Registrations
- BC Refrigeration Operators’ Certificate OR 5th Class Power Engineer, Refrigeration Endorsement OR Ice Facility Operator Certificate.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in icemaking and refrigeration operations for skating and curling activities.
- Good knowledge of electrical, plumbing and heating systems applicable to the operation of the facility.
- Good knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in building maintenance and janitorial work.
- Good knowledge of the regulations governing ice-rink events.
- Ability to provide training, instruction and guidance to junior ice making staff, maintenance and other subordinate staff as required.
Desirable Training & Experience
- Completion of Grade 10 supplemented by technical training
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of refrigeration, heating, electrical and plumbing equipment and in the manufacture and maintenance of ice
- Or, an equivalent combination of training and experience
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $29.63 - $34.82, an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan, as well as an earned-days-off-system. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number #22-187 EX by December 6, 2022.
Protecting the health and safety of our community and employees remains our number one priority. The City of Delta is committed to taking every precaution reasonable in the circumstances to protect the health and safety of workers from the hazard of COVID-19. The City has implemented a vaccination policy for all employees.
All new employees with the City of Delta are required to provide proof of vaccination from COVID-19, as a condition of employment. The City of Delta will evaluate and accommodate employees who are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 either through medical or human rights exemptions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application.
Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.