Capital Assets Manager - Victoria University in the University of Toronto
Victoria University in the University of Toronto
Capital Assets Manager
Job Opportunity - Infrastructure and Sustainability
Position Title: Capital Assets Manager
Department: Infrastructure and Sustainability
Posting Date: November 22, 2022
Closing Date: December 8, 2022
Appointment Type: Continuing / Permanent
Salary: $89,862 - $139,883
Schedule: Full-time, Monday to Friday
Victoria University is committed to equity in access to employment and a diverse and inclusive workplace. The University encourages applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department email@example.com
Under general direction of the Executive Director and working with the client departments, the Capital Assets Manager is the primary point of contact for the management of capital assets on campus, including building structures, fabric, systems and infrastructure as well extensive grounds, with focus on in-depth analysis of system performance and efficient management of deferred maintenance funding allocation.
Key priorities and responsibilities include:
- Energy management, monitoring and utilities analysis of all Victoria University facilities to promote campus wide sustainability initiatives.
- Provide input and recommendations in developing Victoria University Carbon Neutral Climate Action Plan. Ensure compliance of all renovation/deferred maintenance capital projects following Victoria University Design Standards.
- Develop and submit energy efficiency and water conservation rebate proposals/applications to various organizations such as Natural Resources Canada, Ontario Power Generation, Toronto Hydro, City of Toronto, etc.
- Liaise with Victoria University’s Facilities Condition Assessment consultants to review and update assessment data on a regular basis.
- Managing annual deferred maintenance projects from scope to construction, and close out
University degree in engineering or architecture with professional designation required. Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation is also required.
Courses in landscape architecture an asset. Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.
Minimum ten years' related experience in the construction industry, including five years’ experience in building maintenance planning, grounds/property management,, renovation project management and planning, data management and budgeting. Management of staff and contractors, preferably in a unionized environment.
Must have experience with, and excellent understanding of, VFA Facilities condition assessment software, or acceptable equivalent. Thorough understanding of CMMS principles. Enhanced Proficiently with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc.) Excellent demonstrated experience with database management and query tools. Understanding of AutoCAD required, including the ability to read drawings. Strong organization and time management skills required.
- Experience monitoring and reviewing the work of external consultants.
- Experience conducting site visits and utilizing professional expertise in order to determine maintenance priorities. Proven competence and technical knowledge of various trades and systems involved with construction (architectural, structural, civil, mechanical and electrical), building technologies and building infrastructure. Knowledge of industry standard means, methods, materials and equipment employed in construction. Awareness of sustainable practices and technologies is an asset.
- Experience developing and analyzing construction budgets, spending and forecasting. Knowledge and experience enforcing code compliance and industry best practice, including: Occupational Health & Safety, Ontario Building Code, construction law, standard CCDC construction documents and construction contract administration.
- Experience utilizing professional expertise, as well as facilities and budget data, in order to make strategic recommendations and develop, implement and monitor cohesive project plans.
- Demonstrated organizational, project management and leadership skills. Superior oral and written communication skills; superior interpersonal skills. Ability to exercise patience, tact, diplomacy and discretion. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a consultative team environment. Highly developed creativity and initiative. Budget management skills. Proven ability to manage multiple projects within strict budget and timeline constraints. Proven ability to respond to frequently changing priorities.
Please apply by visiting the following link: Capital Assets Manager - Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com)
Victoria University thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.