Director of Operations - Mackenzie County
Director of Operations
Management / Administration
Jan 31, 2023
Mackenzie County is currently inviting applications for the Director of Operations position. The primary location for this position will be in La Crete, however the individual may be required to work in other areas of the municipality as per operational requirements. This is a full-time out of scope position with a 40 hour work week (8 hours per day) Monday to Friday.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Ensuring continuity standards for road maintenance and construction;
- Prepare and monitor departmental and project budgets;
- Oversee the activities of the operations department (County-wide), including all road, sidewalk and airport maintenance;
- Develop and recommend short and long term plans for the operations department;
- Develop collaborative approaches regarding issues and challenges;
- Prepare presentations for elected officials, staff and stakeholders;
- Prepare and review committee and council reports, Request for Proposals/Quotes;
- Prepare contract proposals and tender documents in conjunction with the Director of Finance;
- Monitors the work and performance of contractors, consultants and department staff;
- Oversee the progress of assigned projects;
- Provides mentorship, coaching, offers conflict resolution skills and able to handle difficult or sensitive situations regarding staff, taxpayers, stakeholders and politicians.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements for this position are:
- Training leading to the Certification as an Engineering Technologist is an asset;
- Experience with municipal infrastructure, operations and maintenance;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs;
- Knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act, Municipal Government Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, and other relevant legislation;
- Effective management, leadership and communication skills
- Commitment to customer service excellence;
- Understanding of low German is an asset;
- A valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Evidence of successfully passing a police Criminal Record Check;
Salary Range: $120,407.57 - $144,362.70 per annum. Mackenzie County offers a Comprehensive Benefit Package.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward all resumes and applications to:
Sarah Martens, Human Resources Coordinator
Box 640, Fort Vermilion, AB T0H 1N0