Director of Administration and Business Development - Parkland Community Planning Services
Parkland Community Planning Services
Director of Administration and Business Development
Management / Administration
Parkland Community Planning Service
Feb 1, 2023
Job Title: Director of Administration and Business Development
Department: Municipal Planning
Job Status: Full Time, Permanent
Close Date: Open Until Filled
Parkland Community Planning Services (PCPS) is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing planning services that offer creative and effective solutions through collaborative and proactive planning processes. We specialize in municipal land use policy planning, site assessment and design and subdivision services and serve numerous member communities in Central Alberta.
Are you a dynamic individual passionate about working with Central Alberta communities on innovative projects that create meaningful and lasting change? Do you thrive in an environment that allows you to demonstrate your professional and ethical responsibilities to protect privacy, use confidential information appropriately and treat sensitive situations with an appropriate degree of tact and discretion? This exciting opportunity allows your policy, technical, analytical and relationship-building skills to shine.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director of Administration and Business Development is responsible for the execution of the strategic plan through the effective and cost-efficient administration of PCPS activities. This role provides the overall direction to a team of professional and administrative staff as well as liaise with Central Alberta municipalities to offer support and generate awareness regarding municipal planning.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- strong leadership ability with the motivation to influence and work effectively with a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders.
- Directs the operation of PCPS and its staff through the preparation and implementation of a Board-approved business plan, organizational manual and procedures manual.
- Advise the Board on financial, personnel and other organizational matters which may affect the operation of PCPS.
- Exercise signing authority in the execution of the decisions of the Board and in the disbursement of funds within the authority given by the Board.
- Provides advisory and information services to municipalities in order to enhance municipal operational effectiveness and decision making related to planning.
- Directs the development and implementation of PCPS’ personnel policies including good staff relations among staff and PCPS members and clients.
- Responsible for employee life cycle activities with a focus on coaching, mentoring as well as ensuring continuous development/training to maintain position specific skills and knowledge.
- Meets and corresponds with municipal councils and administrators, government departments and public and private sector agencies on a variety of land use planning issues.
- Related University Degree such as Business Administration, Commerce Leadership
- Completion of the National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Level 1 or 2 is preferred
- Progressively responsible, related experience providing leadership and direction to a team of professional and administrative support
- Experience advancing business development
- Experience with municipal planning is considered a strong asset
- Experience working in a municipal government setting is considered beneficial
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Must have own transportation and the ability to travel within the Central Alberta region.
Salary Range: $126,113 - $164,495 per annum depending upon experience. Parkland Community Planning Services offers a generous benefit package, including health and wellness benefits and pension plan.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please submit a resume with a cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications to:
Lacombe, AB T4L 1E9
All applicants are thanked for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Parkland Community Planning Services will conduct a Police Information check