Planner II - District of Peachland
District of Peachland
The District of Peachland, a vibrant and growing community of approximately 5,400 located on the shores of Okanagan Lake between Kelowna and Penticton, is currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Planner II.
Reporting to the Planning Manager, this position manages, reviews and processes land use applications such as zoning amendment bylaws, development permits, variance permits, subdivision, and ALC applications in accordance with District regulations and policies, as well as provincial and federal legislation. The position responds to land use and development inquiries; supports the statutory approving officer in processing subdivision and development applications; researches, reviews and amends land use policies and bylaws.
A detailed job description is available at www.peachland.ca under careers.
Key job duties of the Planner relate to a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Review technical reports for bylaw compliance, compile information and prepare Council Reports.
- Review application submissions for compliance with applicable bylaws and provincial legislation.
- Provide technical and professional expertise and guidance to various planning groups, committees, developers, the public and Council.
- Research and assist in planning and development services related projects.
- Conduct site visits to assess development conditions.
- Liaise with the GIS service provider on mapping information changes.
- Analyze and interpret statistical, demographic, environmental, and other relevant data for planning purposes.
- Facilitate or assist in the facilitation of public consultations to address development and land use issues.
- Prepare public hearing notices and notification letters.
- University degree in a planning-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in a related position.
- Eligible for membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia or the Canadian Institute of Planners.
This is a CUPE Local 608 position with a comprehensive benefits package and a rate of $44.09 per hour. Please submit resumes indicating “Planner II” with cover letter to:
Director of Corporate Services District of Peachland
5806 Beach Avenue Peachland, B.C. V0H 1X7
The District of Peachland appreciates all interested in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.