Accounting Clerk I - Metro Vancouver
Accounting Clerk I
Our Financial Services Department is seeking an Accounting Clerk I who will process invoices accurately in a high volume setting, validate source documents in a meticulous manner, and communicate well with the team.
- Works independently with attention to details and accuracy.
- Enjoys working in a high volume setting.
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive working relationships with team members.
- Codes suppliers' fee invoices, equipment time sheets, general stores and fuel issues; checks amounts, signatures, work order numbers and authorizations; prepares and enters data using a computer terminal.
- Checks extensions and prices for equipment rental; checks invoices to source documents and then processes for payment; runs cheque programs; prepares and enters data into terminal.
- Checks and reconciles bank or vendor statements; prepares journal vouchers; posts and balances to ledgers and controls.
- Posts and balances receipts and charges to accounts receivable ledger; prepares account statements; performs follow up and collection work; codes, enters and totals hourly time cards.
- Receives and receipts cash; prepares bank deposits; enters cash books, and reconciles payroll cheque register to bank statements.
- Enters revenue data; prepares journal vouchers; matches invoices to payments received on accounts receivable.
- Ensures that invoices received for payment are properly approved, coded and paid as per terms of agreement.
- Performs typing, filing, scanning and related clerical tasks as required.
- Answers routine enquiries, replies to or refers same to appropriate contacts; answers inquiries from departments and suppliers regarding accounts and related problems.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of the 12th school grade, including or supplemented by commercial and bookkeeping courses, plus sound related experience, preferably in a computerized accounting system; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Sound knowledge of double entry bookkeeping.
- Sound knowledge of rules and regulations governing accounting department operations.
- Sound knowledge of modern accounting office practices and procedures, business English and arithmetic.
- Ability to understand and carry out established accounting procedures.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy and control and balance accounts and ledgers.
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to check the work of others and assist in other duties in the department as required.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff and the public and provide routine information and assistance.
- Skill in operating standard office equipment including a computer terminal.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, LGBTQ2S+, all genders and persons with disabilities.
Metro Vancouver is implementing a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, newly hired Metro Vancouver employees will need to be fully vaccinated (subject to any exemptions and accommodations) and be required to provide proof of vaccination. Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by October 07, 2022.