Member Representative and Broker - Municipal Insurance Association of British Columbia
Member Representative and Broker
Are you looking for a position where you have an impact beyond insurance and you make a difference in our communities? At the Municipal Insurance Association of British Columbia (MIABC) we invest in the communities of British Columbia, so that they can invest in themselves. Each day, through every piece of advice shared, every outreach program offered, and every insurance policy written, our organization proudly declares that what makes each community unique is worthwhile, empowering the communities at the very heart of our province and the people who are the heart of those communities.
The MIABC is looking for an energetic, motivated, and career-minded insurance professional to provide professional and technical service to our local government members. The MIABC is a member-owned non-profit insurance reciprocal that provides liability coverage to over 165 local governments in British Columbia, and property and ancillary coverage to over half of our members.
- Preparing quotes to members and potential members on their liability, property and ancillary insurance needs;
- Underwriting property coverage and marketing ancillary coverage;
- Answering queries on coverage needs and policy wording;
- Assisting in the preparation of RFPs and developing new insurance products;
- Preparing binders and binding coverage for new and renewal policies; and
- Working with our Claims team to ensure the progress of property claims and provide updates to members.
Preferred qualifications include:
- 5 to 7 years of commercial insurance experience;
- Level 2 Insurance License;
- Broad knowledge of insurance for local governments;
- An insurance designation (CAIB, CIP or CRM);
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- Analytical skills; and
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
Our commitment to you
The MIABC believes in a culture rooted in collaboration and growth. Our team is enthusiastic, innovative, diverse, and driven to enrich the lives of our members and each other. We promise to support you and provide you with meaningful challenges and opportunities to shine. From competitive salaries, benefit packages and professional development opportunities, to work life balance with flex days and flexible working opportunities, we offer our teammates a working environment in which they feel supported, encouraged and empowered to take risks and share their perspectives openly and freely.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Equality is entrenched in the MIABC’s values and guiding principles. We celebrate, empower, and support the unique differences our staff, board and members bring to our organization. We strive to be a workforce and organization that is representative of the diversity of the communities in British Columbia.
- Participation in a defined pension plan;
- Incidental health spending account;
- The ability to work remotely two days a week;
- Optional participation in a flex day plan allowing for 18 flex days per calendar year;
- Legislative statutory holidays off as well as Easter Monday, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation and Boxing Day;
- A centrally located office next to transit, shopping, restaurants and the false creek seawall;
- Free parking on a first come first serve basis, with EV charging stations;
- Secure private bike storage;
- Monthly allowance for employees who choose to use their personal mobile phone for business;
- Professional development days;
- Mentorship programs; and
- Staff social activities
The full job description can be viewed on our website at https://www.miabc.org/about-miabc/work-us/careers-miabc . The closing date is October 15, 2022 and qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Leigh Latchford, HR Manager, at email@example.com. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.