Facility Operations and Maintenance Supervisor - Township of Langley
Be a part of something great!
Facility Operations and Maintenance Supervisor
Competition File #: 22-U181
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Facility Operations and Maintenance Supervisor to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Facilities Operations and Maintenance Superintendent in this unionized position, you will perform a variety of skilled supervisory and technical work relating to multi-use recreation facilities.
- Schedule, coordinate and review the work of employees involved in municipal facilities and equipment maintenance
- Train new employees in WorkSafe standards and methods
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance, janitorial and custodial services for a range of public facilities
- Coordinate minor repair and maintenance projects with contractors and tradespersons ensure compliance with specifications and safety standards
- Schedule, coordinate and perform testing and inspections of water quality in swimming pools
- Enforce rules and regulations governing facility operations and provide assistance to the public/user groups related to questions and concerns regarding municipal facilities
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of a diploma program in recreation facility management or a related discipline supplemented by technical courses related to the work, plus sound related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and tools used including, chemical handling, ice making and refrigeration
- Considerable knowledge of the procedures, standards and regulations governing safe operations and functions
- Considerable knowledge of the functions and operations of heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and related systems
- Ability to assign, supervise and review the work of others performing facility maintenance and operating equipment
- Ability to draft and implement maintenance schedules for assigned facilities/equipment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication with internal and external contacts
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
- B.C. Refrigeration Operator's Certificate with experience in ice making and/or Pool Operator Level 2
- Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however, will be required upon consideration for employment).
Applicants are advised that it is a condition of employment with the Township that a successful candidate provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Note: proof is not required as part of the application process, however, will be required upon consideration for employment.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $34.27 - $40.35 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are eight continuous hours per day, five consecutive days per week, Monday to Sunday between the hours of 6:00am – 6:00pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: October 3, 2022
External closing date for this competition: October 6, 2022
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.