Skate Patrol/Cashier (McLaren Arena) - City of Penticton
Skate Patrol/Cashier (McLaren Arena)
Employment Type: Part-time Temporary
Location: Penticton, BC, CA
Penticton is a vibrant, innovative, healthy waterfront city focused on sustainability, community, and economic opportunity. At the City of Penticton, our goal is to serve our residents, businesses, and visitors through good governance, partnership and the delivery of effective and community-focused services.
The City of Penticton's Recreation Department is in search of highly motivated and energetic individuals for the position of Skate Patrol/Cashier. The Recreation Department promotes and contributes to a healthy community and enhances the quality of life for Penticton residents and visitors through planning, management and delivery of recreation, sport events and active living opportunities. This department partners with volunteers, community members and private sector providers to support recreation opportunities in the City.
Reporting to the Recreation Coordinator - Sport Facilities the Skate Patrol/Cashier is primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service and front-line duties for public skating and City of Penticton programs at McLaren Arena.
- Provide excellent customer service to the public and user groups.
- Monitor a variety of programs to ensure a safe environment for all visitors.
- Educate patrons on safe activities and behaviours.
- Admission control, process payments, waivers, and skate rentals.
- Responsible for emergency procedures and provide first aid if required.
- Setup and take-down of necessary program equipment.
- The ability to skate and the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- A friendly personality with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with cash in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to resolve conflict and deal firmly with patrons.
- A current Emergency First Aid certificate or willingness to acquire.
- Complete a satisfactory criminal record check ? vulnerable sector.
- A commitment to showing up for work each shift and for being on time.
- Ability to work irregular hours and days of work, and may include weekends and evenings.
At the City of Penticton, we recognize that great talent and great ideas come from a variety of backgrounds. Tapping into the diversity of our community makes us all stronger and allows us to serve Penticton even better.
That's why we welcome all applicants to consider joining our team. We encourage Indigenous persons, people of colour, all genders and expressions, 2SLGBT2QIA+, persons living with disabilities, and others who reflect our ever-changing workplace to apply.
So, if your experience is close to what we're looking for, we would love a chance to talk about working with you. We welcome your cover letter and resume by October 2, 2022.
October 4, 2022 - March 17, 2022: Various shifts available; Saturdays & Sundays, 1:30-4:30pm and/or Wednesdays, 6:45-9:00pm (with the possibility of relief coverage as well)
$19.00 per hour
Additional 14.75% in lieu of benefits and vacation
Apply at https://penticton.prevueaps.ca/jobs/17955.html