Web Support Specialist - District of West Vancouver
Web Support Specialist (Communications)
(Temporary Full-time, for approximately 3 months)
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community.
The West Vancouver Communications Department has an immediate opening for a temporary full-time Web Support Specialist, for approximately 3 months. This position will:
- Work within the Communications team under the guidance and direction of senior staff to add, maintain, manage and process requests received from internal clients to provide updates and changes to existing web pages and create new pages;
- Lay out web content to create web pages that follow best practice in user experience;
- Day-to-day maintenance and editing of websites;
- Author new content or edit current content;
- Layout web pages with supplied content with a focus on creating fast-loading, responsive pages;
The preferred candidate will possess:
- A minimum of one year of experience working with communication principles, practices, priorities and objectives related to digital communications and the complexities of writing, editing and managing web content in a busy environment;
- Strong understanding of preparing images for the web, including optimizing file size, file types and colour correction;
- Experience writing accessible content for the web and migrating content between systems;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team;
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
Knowledge of and experience with the Drupal platform will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate is required to supply a police information check and is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet.
WVMEA (Union) – Temporary, Full-Time (for approximately 3 months)
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Starting Rate of Pay:
$34.24 per hour.
This position has a pay structure with five steps which increases based on the number of hours worked.
11:59 p.m. on September 29, 2022
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted