Public Works Foreman - Village of Nakusp
Public Works Foreman
(1 Position Available - 40 Hours Per Week)
September 22, 2022
Public Works Foreman
Director of Operations
40 hours per week
Days, afternoons, and weekend shifts as per operational schedules
RATE OF PAY:
$35.50 per hour during probation, $39.09 thereafter
September 22 to October 22, 2022
The Village of Nakusp is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Works Foreman. The focus of this position is the responsibility for the provision of safe potable water, operations of the wastewater system, and maintaining the street and sidewalk network. The Public Works Foreman is the Village’s designated Chief Operator for the water and wastewater systems and is required to hold certifications for a level II facility/system. The position also entails supervision and oversight of several subordinates. The foreman will be required to take part in on-call coverage on a rotating basis. In addition, all operations employees may be required to assist other departments as needed.
- A High School Diploma;
- EOCP Operator Certifications: Level 2 in Water Distribution, Water Treatment, Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Municipal Public Works setting with supervisoryexperience;
- Ability to plan, supervise, direct, co-ordinate, and review work of subordinate employees;
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of water and sewer installation and maintenance; and,
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license with Air Endorsement.
Preference will be given to candidates that possess the following:
- Diploma or Credit Courses in Business Management and Administration;
- C.E.T Designation;
- Civil construction experience, or experience related to municipal utility construction, maintenance, or operation.
- Plant operation experience, power engineering experience or a trade certification.
A Criminal Record Check will be required.
As a condition of employment, the successful applicant shall be required to maintain membership in CUPE Local 2450.
Please forward your resume to the Village of Nakusp – Box 280, Nakusp, BC, V0G 1R0.
The Village thanks all who apply, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.