Development Engineering Technologist - City of West Kelowna
City of West Kelowna
Development Engineering Technologist
The Okanagan Lifestyle Is Calling!
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities. Find your life balance here and grow your career with us. Live and work in a place that Maclean’s Magazine has named one of the best places to live in Canada. Spend weekends wine tasting, picking fresh locally grown produce, mountain biking through stately pine forests or swimming or kayaking in beautiful Okanagan Lake. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, numerous employee wellness incentives, an earned time off program and professional development opportunities. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here and we are certain you will too!
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The Development Engineering Technologist provides technical review and assessment on multifaceted land use applications such as subdivision, OCP and zoning bylaw amendments, development permits and building permits. Responds to requests for information or technical assistance from consulng firms, land developers or external agencies related to subdivision or development of land. The successful candidate will demonstrate good knowledge of engineering design, strong customer services skills and the ability to communicate established policies and procedures with tact, discretion and a thorough understanding of the City’s Bylaws.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A member of, or eligibility for full membership in, the Applied Science Technologist and Technicians Association of BC as an AScT or CTech
- A minimum of 3 years design and inspection experience in the field of Municipal Engineering
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), Auto CAD, GIS Systems, etc.
- Good knowledge of technical terms and high attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, and exercise tact and diplomacy to maintain good internal / external working relationships
- Strong customer services skills and the ability to communicate established policies and procedures with tact and discretion
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively
Information for Applicants: The City of West Kelowna has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and continued employment. Candidates who can establish that they cannot be fully vaccinated for a valid reason related to a protected ground under the British Columbia Human Rights Code may request an exemption.
Applications are accepted online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applicants will need to upload their cover letter, resume and drivers abstract when applying.
Competition No. 22-61E2, Closes October 9, 2022
Full Time – Permanent | 35 hrs/wk | $41.33/hr
Benefits | Municipal Pension Plan | Earned Time Off Program