Tax Assessor III - City of Medicine Hat
Tax Assessor III
Job Type Finance /Accounting / Economics
Organization City of Medicine Hat
Competition Number 22213A
Now Hiring Tax Assessor III
In Medicine Hat you'll find a place that's reinvented itself as an ideal, modern city that proudly honours its historic past. And here at the City of Medicine Hat, you'll have a part in shaping how people perceive, experience, and enjoy the city - tomorrow and beyond.
In this role, you are the first line resource for a team of assessors responsible for detailed and complex analysis to determine the values of all types of assessable property. You plan and coordinate project work for the Assessment team using a high degree of independent judgement in establishing final assessment values, systems functions, and maintenance requirements, including frequent contact with internal and external clients, appraisers, property tax agents, accountants, and solicitors.
Our ideal candidate
- You have demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of complex mathematical analysis with the ability to solve problems and challenges in assessment valuation modelling process.
- You understand, interpret and lead the application of current assessment techniques and procedures.
- You understand, interpret and lead the application of the three approaches to value for non-residential and multi-family using current assessment techniques and procedures.
- Your abilities, skills and goals are foundational for further leadership opportunities.
- You have completed a two (2) year post-secondary diploma In property assessment or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- You have six years of previous assessment experience.
- Supervisory experience is an asset.
- You are a member of an Accredited Municipal Assessor of Alberta (AMAA) or an Accredited Appraiser with the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AACI)
- You are expected to participate in the Assessment Recertification Program to maintain accreditation.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Coming soon - the Assessment/Tax widget within the MyMH portal will allow property owners to easily link their property address(es) and provide more personal online experiences. Property owners will have the opportunity to opt in to receive their Assessment Notice and other correspondence electronically. THAT'S INNOVATION, MEDICINE HAT STYLE!
Application Return Apply Online: Medicine Hat