Program Manager, Long Range Planning - York Regional Municipality
Program Manager, Long Range Planning
Program Manager, Long Range Planning
Type of Position
$113,407.00 - $133,350.00
York Region -> Corporate Services -> Planning&Economic Development
Long Range & Strat. Plan Admin - 17250 Yonge Street - Newmarket, ON L3Y 6Z1 CA (Primary) remote work opportunities may apply - CA
Job Description (E)
Reporting to Manager, Policy and Environment in Long Range Planning, is responsible for planning and growth management related initiatives including consultation, research and policy development coordination in support of Regional Official Plan updates, implementation and monitoring; managing collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, as well as consulting services in accordance with applicable legislative requirements.
- Manages and coordinates the development of key planning related policy areas and growth management for Regional Council consideration through consultations with municipalities, internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides advice to internal and external stakeholders on policy development and implementation as required for plan conformity.
- Oversees research and analysis on pertinent issues and provides advice/recommendations to Senior Management regarding strategies that will have the most significant impact and deliver the greatest value to key stakeholders.
- Supervises staff, including recruitment, selection, hiring, scheduling, assigning and monitoring work, determining training and development needs, coaching and mentoring, conducting performance appraisals and determining/recommending disciplinary action up to and including dismissal in accordance with collective agreements, Regional policies and practices.
- Supports the development of comprehensive program strategies and oversees the development and implementation of business processes that drive service and program efficiencies.
- Leads and oversees assigned project activities and processes, working with multi-stakeholder groups (internal and external) to gather data, stakeholder input and leading practices in the development and implementation of plans.
- Liaises with and proactively develops relationships with stakeholders including government/non-governmental agencies, to facilitate the delivery of services; may represent program area in the community on a variety of committees and working groups.
- Oversees consultation with municipalities, stakeholders and staff to ensure successful development, implementation and continuous monitoring of the Regional Official Plan.
- Acts as key resource for local planning authorities on initiatives, studies and projects regarding Regional policy.
- Manages major policy, growth management and land use planning research studies affecting the Regions growth and economy.
- Performs other duties as required to meet Divisional/Branch and Departmental objectives.
- University degree in Planning or related discipline or equivalent approved combination of education or experience.
- Registered Professional Planner with Ontario Professional Planners Institute.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the planning field with the municipal sector, demonstrating progressive responsibility, including two year demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of planning principles, concepts, practices, methods and legislation, GTA context, knowledge of municipal planning processes and roles of different levels of government.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect with a range of internal and external stakeholders while focusing on fostering collaborative work relationships.
- Strong report writing, research, analytical, project management and presentation skills and work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Standards, Acts and Regulations such as Planning Act.
- Demonstrated ability in the Region’s leadership and corporate core competencies.
- Demonstrated project management skills specific to project budgeting, scoping, planning, problem solving and resolution skills.
- Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
September 26, 2022
# of Hires Needed
Non Union Staff Please apply online by 4:30PM EST of the closing date indicated above. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation.