Director of Development Services - Township of South Frontenac
Township of South Frontenac
Director of Development Services
Salary: $109,806.67 – $130,717.08
Date posted: Friday, August 26, 2022
Closing date: Friday, September 30, 2022 at 4 p.m.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, reporting to the CAO, the Director of Development Services is responsible for all strategy, services and policies related to planning, land use and development (the Planning Act), Ontario Building Code enforcement, zoning compliance and economic development initiatives.
Working to continuously improve all aspects of Development Services to meet the ever-changing needs of the growing community while reducing barriers and enhancing customer service, the Director will provide strategic vision, leadership and expert guidance to the Township. This position will be responsible for providing leadership and management to the integrated development services group which includes the Planning and Building Departments as well as contracted Economic Development activities.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- University degree in planning, business or related discipline;
- Strong leadership skills including 7-10 years of progressive management experience in a public sector setting, preferably related to land development and community development/growth strategy with an understanding of rural development framework;
- Experience with corporate and strategic planning, corporate policy development and implementation including service level policies, and leadership;
- A proven track record of coordinating services across an organization with emphasis on driving excellence in customer service;
- Thorough knowledge of Planning Act, Municipal Act, OMB/LPAT processes and other provincial regulations affecting land use planning field, sound planning principles and practices, development processes and local government functions/responsibilities;
- Experience with the provisions of the Building Code Act, zoning bylaw and understanding of principles of local Economic Development would be beneficial.
The salary range for this position is $109,806.67-$130,717.08. The Township offers a comprehensive benefits package including enrollment in the excellent OMERS pension plan, potential for flexible scheduling, and a progressive and supportive professional development policy.
For more information, view the complete job description. Please apply to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you by 4:00 pm on Friday, September 30, 2022.