Manager of Parks, Recreation & Facilities - Town of Three Hills
Town of Three Hills
Manager of Parks, Recreation & Facilities
Management / Administration
Town of Three Hills
If you’re passionate about providing recreational health and well-being to our thriving community and interested in working in an engaging and rewarding environment, join our team and be a part of the journey.
The Manager of Parks, Recreation & Facilities will develop, promote, and coordinate a variety of public recreation services, including overseeing facilities operations and programs, liaising with community-based organizations and agencies, and creating recreational opportunities that enhance the lives of citizens of Three Hills and the greater community.
This position offers a rewarding and motivating work environment where you will lead a skilled and dynamic team demonstrating proficiencies in operations, programming, and management of parks, recreation, and facilities within the Town of Three Hills.
Under the direction of the Director of Community Services, some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Implement strategic objectives required for the effective operation of the public facilities and delivery of services
- Liaise with local and non-local user groups for bookings and programming within the public town facilities
- Manage multiple priorities and demonstrates effective leadership
- Ability to make decisions with integrity and professionalism while serving the overall vision and values of the Town
- Research and provide analysis, make recommendations, and submit reports to his/her director
- Initiate action on projects and operational procedures that result in improvements, efficiencies, effectiveness and/or enhancements to the Town’s services
- Monitor funding opportunities to improve existing and expanding recreational infrastructure
- Assist in the development of RFP’s and RFQ’s for capital purchases
- Ability to develop, train, coach, motivate, evaluate, and discipline staff to sustain optimum productivity and continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2-3 years of recreation management experience in a municipal government organization or similar setting
- Degree in Recreation Administration, Physical Education, Kinesiology or Environmental Sciences and/or equivalent is an asset
- Diploma in Recreation Management, Facility management, or equivalent with 3 years’ experience
- Experience in the operation of an Ice Arena, including making and maintenance theories is required
- Alberta Pesticide Applicator Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Arena, parks, and swimming pool operator certificates are a definite asset
- Experience in staff supervision in a unionized environment
- Proficiency in report writing, budget management, time management, defining goals and objectives and priority setting
- Experience and understanding of effective advertising and promotional techniques
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license & access to a reliable personal vehicle
Salary Range is $65,578 to $76,023 based on 1950 hours per year.
About the Town of Three Hills
From its humble beginnings as a Village in 1912, the Town of Three Hills has a long history of community hospitality, pride, economic expansion and convenient locality.
Three Hills has the security and quality of life of a small town with numerous “big city” amenities. The Downtown sector features numerous shopping and dining conveniences as well as several service necessities. With 7 parks and over 4kms of trails, abundant green space can be found throughout the community. In addition, excellent recreation facilities, dynamic arts organizations and numerous service groups, all lend well to the Towns quality of life.
The residents of Three Hills take great pride in providing a welcoming atmosphere for visitors and locals alike. Social events are commonplace with many venues to choose from, including markets, live theatre, celebrations and concerts. Community events take place throughout the year, including the famous Cruise Weekend, the first weekend of June. The Town’s abundant facilities, social opportunities, and welcoming atmosphere make Three Hills a wonderful place to play!
Centrally located within an hour of Red Deer, Strathmore, Olds and Drumheller and approx. an hour from Calgary’s International Airport, Three Hills’ prime location makes this community a wonderful place to live, work and play.
Application Return Please email resumes to Human Resources at email@example.com referencing “Manager of Parks, Recreation & Facilities” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter demonstrating how your qualifications meet the advertised requirements. A current driver’s abstract and a Police Information Check will be required by the successful candidate upon acceptance of the position.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements.
Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.