Trades Improver 1 EOCP – Wastewater Distribution - City of Surrey
City of Surrey
Trades Improver 1 EOCP – Wastewater DistributionAs one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Reporting to the Wastewater, Stormwater & Construction Operations Manager, the Trades Improver 1 (EOCP) position involves manual and skilled tasks with considerable physical effort in performing a variety of civil and utility construction, operations and maintenance activities related to sewer, drainage and water systems.
- Installing, operating and maintaining sanitary, storm, and water mains, services connections and related infrastructure.
- Assembling pipes together, ensuring that tees, bends, crosses, valves and services or related fittings and components are properly installed.
- Installing water services using open trench, trench-less methods or a combination of both.
- Operating and repairing water valves on water mains and on water services and appurtenances.
- Adhering to applicable safety regulations.
- Adhering to Surrey’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintaining records, log books and activity sheets, as required.
- Working with map books and construction drawings.
- Inspecting and maintains inspection chambers.
- Cleaning and securing work area by shoveling and sweeping.
- Dealing with various chemicals relating to sanitary sewers and / or water systems.
- Using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Responding to trouble calls and inquiries from the public.
- Assisting crew members in performing their duties.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Experience and training in civil and utility construction and engineering operations and maintenance.
- Valid B.C. Driver's License with safe driving record as per the City’s policy.
- EOCP Level 1 certification in good standing
This Posting Closes on August 19, 2022