Office Support Clerk II - City of Vancouver
Office Support Clerk IIRequisition ID: 36671
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
This position provides administrative support to the Recreation office as well as the Maintenance function within Recreation. The incumbent of this position processes, tracks and maintains a variety of office records and files. Attention to detail and diligence is important as some of the information being tracked is required by WorkSafe BC and Technical Safety BC.
- Tracks and follows on Police Information Checks for Park Board and Community Centre Association staff
- Administer the Risk Management database, ensuring risk forms are complete and tracked
- Updates Safety Data Sheets (SDS) in the E3 database, reviews all SDS sheets ensuring they are representative of what is being used
- Coordinates training requests made by recreation staff: receives, records and administers training requests as directed. Ensures all training requests forms and post training forms and submissions are completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Maintains the Maintenance Master List – document that tracks and records all regulatory certifications for all staff that are in positions that require certifications, such as Ice Rink Operator certification including expiry dates, etc.
- Maintains the Zamboni Drivers – Drivers Services List to tracks and ensures drivers licence requirements are up to date for all positions within the Maintenance team that require a driver licence
- Advises employees on the documents required and the process to submit, i.e. Drivers Abstract and Claims History
- Contacts employee to schedule Driver Orientation with Drivers Services
- Contacts employee to schedule a Driving Assessment with Drivers Services once Driver Orientation is complete
- Updates employee information on the Drivers Services website
- Coordinates with employees to receive their renewed Drivers Licence when it expires
- Manages reports and documents shared by Maintenance Technicians from each site, saving information in Vandoc
- Monitors reports such as Ammonia Calibration Report, Brine Report and SOPs to ensure timely completion and proper tracking
- Tracks and schedules regulatory training for all maintenance staff
- Maintains and updates IRAP (Ice Rink Ammonia Plant) binders, hardcopy located at each site - required to stay in compliance with WorkSafe and Technical Safety BC.
- Takes meeting minutes at weekly Maintenance meetings and circulates
- Coordinates mailroom
- Provides assistance for Flexipass administration as required
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in office practices and some related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic
- Working knowledge of departmental and other regulations, rules, procedures and practices that relate to the position
- Working knowledge of departmental functions, responsibilities and activities
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical, data entry, word-processing, secretarial, receptionist and other office support functions.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence related to the work
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other staff
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: September, 2022
Position End Date: February, 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-013: $24.88 to $29.13 per hour
Application Close: August 14, 2022
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx.. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.