Office Support Clerk III (FOI/RIM Clerk) - City of Vancouver
Office Support Clerk III (FOI/RIM Clerk)Requisition ID: 36686
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Freedom of Information / Records and Information Management (FOI/RIM) Clerk is a member of the Access to Information and Privacy, (ATIP), team. Reporting to the Director, Access to Information, City Clerk’s Department, the FOI/RIM Clerk performs work of moderate complexity for the FOI Intake Desk and the Corporate Records Coordinator. This position supports the City’s centralized records management function as well as the Access to Information and Privacy group’s management of FOI processes and procedures. The incumbent requires sound knowledge of City of Vancouver FOI processes and procedures as well as an understanding of Corporate Records Management. Additionally the incumbent is expected to exercise some initiative and independent judgement in planning and managing the day-to-day workload, ensuring regularly scheduled tasks are completed accurately, completely and on time. While the assigned daily work may vary with the group’s workload, work is normally performed in accordance with established procedures and under general supervision with difficult or unusual problems referred to a supervisor for a solution.
• Receives and processes daily orders for the Corporate Records Centre (CRC) – this may involve manual handling of boxes up to 40 lbs.
• Facilitates departments’ transfer of records to the CRC and local disposal of records by processing transfers and setting up shredding contracts.
• Manages the invoice process for the RIM external service provider, including quality checking prior to Director’s approval for payment.
• Maintains the confidentiality and security of the records in VanDocs at all times.
• RIM matters handled by this position are assigned and managed by the Corporate Records Administrator.
• Receives Access to Information, (FOI), requests from the public, lawyers, internal departments, other government agencies, and Elected Officials.
• Analyzes the request and assesses the content and context for clarity; consults with the FOI Case Manager if/when modifications are required.
• Refers record requests to the appropriate business units/department(s); answers departments’ questions during the record search process, and monitors responses to ensure statutory deadlines are met.
• Receives and reviews responsive record packages, quality checks for completeness - communicates with business units/departments to obtain additional records if necessary, converts record packages and organizes records for next steps in process.
• Ensures security of all FOI and Privacy-related records, both paper and electronic.
• FOI matters handled by this position are assigned and managed by the FOI Case Manager.
Education and Experience:
• Grade 12 supplemented by post-secondary courses in record keeping and/or accounting or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Proficiency with the VanDocs electronic record storage system.
• Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Professional, MS Word and Excel.
• Basic knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of British Columbia as well as records management principles would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, with superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare business reports.
• Ability to use sound judgement in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Strong computer and numeric skills with a high degree of accuracy, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new programs and procedures.
• Experienced customer service agent who can demonstrate a high degree of customer service under pressure and the ability to judge when a particular situation or request must be escalated for a higher level decision.
• Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to manage and process a high variety and volume of tasks, ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work.
• Experienced and able to demonstrate a good degree of competence in VanDocs.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the City’s FOI processes and procedures.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of City departments, their functions/operations.
• Ability to work independently and effectively with moderate supervision.
The City of Vancouver has a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy. All external applicants applying to the City of Vancouver are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and subject to this policy as a condition of ongoing employment. Candidates may only be exempted from this requirement if they request and are approved for an accommodation based on a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability). Such a request must be made during, not after, the recruitment process.
Business Unit/Department: City Clerk's Office (1060)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: September 1, 2022
Position End Date: November 30, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $26.87 to $31.56 per hour
Application Close: August 14, 2022
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx.. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.