Community Services Assistant 5 - Sport Surrey Program Lead - City of Surrey
City of Surrey
COMMUNITY SERVICES ASSISTANT 5 – SPORT SURREY PROGRAM LEADAs one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Join the Sport Surrey team! Help advance Surrey as the premier sports destination in the Pacific Northwest through supporting Sport Tourism projects and programs. We are looking for a well-organized, enthusiastic, and team-oriented individual to join the team as a Program Lead. Share your passion for sport and tourism development as you organize and deliver events all across the City. You will be working varying schedules including frequent weekends and some evenings.
Union - CUPE Local 402 – Auxiliary.
- Plan, implement and deliver sport tourism programs and events including provincial, national, and international tournaments.
- Develop and maintain strong business-to-business relationships between the City's key sports tourism and festival organizations.
- Provide data reporting on primary deliverables and key performance indicators, such as economic impact, event revenues and expenditures.
- Foster a balance between the recreational needs of local citizens with the social and economic benefits of sport event hosting.
- Support the implementation of the Sport Tourism Strategy, including bid applications and overview of the Sport Tourism Grant program.
- Oversee all event bid estimates for project scope, schedule and resource requirements ensuring programs are cost-effective, estimated, and scheduled.
- Represent Surrey at sport, event and film-related conferences, trade shows, and meetings to promote the City as a sport hosting destination.
- Prepare annual reports of event activities and service improvements.
- Build and maintain a bid process that includes marketing materials, costing, managing, measuring, and reporting.
- Assist with various administrative duties, and perform other duties as required.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a degree/diploma in a discipline relevant to the specialty from a recognized post-secondary institution plus 2 years progressively responsible experience in area of specialty, including supervision, or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
- Emergency First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate.
- Valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving history.
- Effective communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
- Working knowledge of community programs, their purpose and objective.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers to Job ID 4791.
Closing Date: August 19, 2022