Business Analyst - BC Public Service
BC Public Service Agency
Ministry of Forests
$56,032.51 - $63,565.27 annually
The goal of BC Timber Sales (BCTS) is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the market pricing system through auctions of timber harvested from public land in BC.
The Business Analyst is an accounting specialist for the Business Areas (BAs) who is responsible for providing financial and performance frameworks for business operations and for reporting on business plan results for a financially complex program with unique cost accounting requirement. The Business Analyst assesses operational alternatives, provides financial advice to support accounting and operational decisions and facilitates business improvement reviews to minimize costs and increase productivity.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in accounting, business or finance, equivalent to two years of a recognized professional program to meet position requirements.
- Minimum five years of directly related experience. Related experience means:
- The application of government finance and administration policies and processes, legislative acts and regulations, reporting, systems and controls including managing financial operations and managing financial policy.
- Developing and integrating business plans and operational budgets, conducting financial forecasts and analysis in support of budget evaluation processes.
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements, transactions and reporting to provide accurate and timely financial management.
- Proficiency in developing and implementing tracking and monitoring systems; generating financial spreadsheets, working documents and reports.
- Analyzing trends, cost/benefit, and historic performance.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience such as seven or more years of related experience in finance, budgeting and accounting.
For more information and to apply online by August 30, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/90808