Asset Management Specialist - Buildings and Facilities - City of Airdrie
Asset Management Specialist - Buildings and Facilities
Position ID: J0722-0919
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Asset Management
Number Of Positions: 1
Min Salary: $71,116.00/Year
Max Salary: $88,900.00/Year
Closing Date: Aug 19, 2022
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
Asset management is one of the most dynamic and evolving business areas within the organization. As the City continues to advance its asset management practices there will be significant opportunities for professional growth and development. You will play an instrumental role ensuring a coordinated, consistent, and sustainable approach to optimizing infrastructure investment planning and decision-making is being applied across diverse asset groups related to the portfolio of City owned and operated buildings and facilities.
If you are passionate about public infrastructure, want to make a difference in the community, and you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, this is for you!
The City of Airdrie is currently recruiting for one (1) Asset Management Specialist (AMS) – Buildings & Facilities. The position is a full-time permanent role within the Asset Management Team that works with a diverse portfolio of City owned and operated buildings and facilities including Genesis Place, Arenas, City Hall, Pump Stations, Lift Stations, etc.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Asset Management the AMS is a critical business partner to vertical asset owning business units. The AMS is responsible for collaborating with operational staff to identify and implement improved processes supporting sustainable service delivery including inventory management, maintenance management, lifecycle management, long term capital and renewal planning, forecasting, and budgeting.
The AMS works directly with vertical infrastructure assets including the enabling asset data and information. They will actively apply technology, tools, and asset management leading practices to support information analysis, data driven planning and strategic decision making for each business unit.
The position requires a general understanding of the workings and needs of the City as it relates to facility management within the context of operations, maintenance, and lifecycle practices.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Collaborates with operational staff to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and quality of asset information within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Directly supports activities related to data collection, data validation, data correction and data updates
- Leads the development and implementation of standardized business processes, workflows, reporting structures and provides critical input for asset data requirements, database setup and management, and system configurations
- Aligns all work with best practices for asset inventory development and management, work order management, maintenance management, lifecycle management, and service delivery; determines baseline data requirements, performs gap analysis, and leads the implementation of processes to collect and validate required data
- Leads the development and implementation of data quality assurance activities including continuous process improvements
- Tracks existing assets, addition of new assets and supports the performance tracking for operations and maintenance activities
- Collaborates with operational staff to develop, implement, and sustain inspection, maintenance, and condition assessment programs required for the vertical infrastructure assets
- Collaborates with operational staff to prepare inspection and condition assessment plans, leads data collection and validation process improvements, and coordinates with business unit and other stakeholders to ensure the continuous flow of asset data to support asset management objectives
- Coordinates with operational staff to update work plans, inspection and preventive maintenance schedules, and work order updates
- Adept at compiling, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting asset management data and information as the foundation for lifecycle planning, forecasting and decision-making
- Generates dashboards and visual aids for analysis and reporting, analyses data, and develops quality control procedures to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness of data
- Collaborates with IT and Application support to improve the database interface and overall system performance
- Collaborates with operational staff to provide support and training to CMMS users; collaborates with end users on system and business process enhancements to improve service delivery
- Works with Finance to support Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) reporting requirements
- Performs other duties as the role evolves
- Degree, diploma, or certification in Business, Engineering, Asset Management or similar
- Awareness of and aptitude for applying the international standards for asset management practices including IIMM, ISO 55000, 55001, 55002 to buildings and facilities
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience, with increasing responsibility, working directly with asset data and information within a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) environment as an advanced user with full knowledge of software functionality and workflows
- Working knowledge of Uniformat II specifications and standards for the classification of building elements
- Working knowledge in developing inspection plans, condition assessment plans and data collection programs
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in facility asset management, facility condition assessment and lifecycle management, is preferred
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements, is preferred
- Direct experience with day-to-day operations and field staff performing all aspects of facility operations, maintenance, and management, is preferred
- Familiarity with municipal government operations, is preferred
- Growth and entrepreneurial mindset with an appetite for influencing and leading change
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Proven ability to successfully problem solve by converting issues and challenges into business and process improvements
- Proven ability to management multiple stakeholder relationships, improvement projects, and business priorities
- Committed team player with a strong service, relationship, and knowledge sharing mindset
- Highly organized, with demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to manage priorities effectively
- Adapts well in a quickly evolving and dynamic business and team environment
- Works well independently but is the first person to step forward to support others to advance asset management priorities
- Works well and interacts effectively at all staff levels to cultivate collaborative working relationships
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, this position also includes:
- Excellent and comprehensive health, dental, paramedical, and benefits plan
- First-in-class pension plan
- Career development and tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts, annual adult fitness (Genesis Place, Airdrie) pass, social events, and health & wellness initiatives
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
This is a full time position (37.5 hours per week) and includes a comprehensive benefits and pension package.
Candidates are invited to apply online https://www.airdrie.ca/.
Postings close at 9 p.m. on the closing date listed in the posting. We recommend applying as soon as possible as we are not able to accept late applications.
Please review the job competition carefully and be sure to attach any specifically requested documentation in the My Documents section of your application.
Interviewing and hiring may commence prior to the posted closing date. Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie.