Transportation Co-op Student - City of Abbotsford
Transportation Co-op Student
At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities, and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
Are you interested in applying your talents and knowledge and gaining valuable experience? The City of Abbotsford has a four-month co-op opportunity starting September 2022, with an hourly wage of $17.67 – $22.52 dependent on year of study. The Transportation co-op supports the Traffic Engineer and Transportation Planning Engineer and has the potential to take on additional responsibilities depending on your interests and skillset. If you are goal-oriented, accountable, and have a strong desire to contribute, we want to hear from you.
This position will work from Abbotsford City Hall located at 32315 South Fraser Way.
What you’ll Do:
- Reviewing list of pedestrian crossings and updating after site visits.
- Conducting pedestrian counts and calculating crossing opportunities.
- Conducting pedestrian warrants for crosswalks.
- Conducting traffic counts at intersections.
- Analyzing intersections and producing traffic signal time of day plans.
- Rural intersection follow-up after enhancements are completed.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of pedestrian and cycling best practices.
- Ability to write and compile technical reports.
- Experience working with the public.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office.
- Apply through our website at www.abbotsford.ca/careers
- A cover letter, resume and transcript are required.
- In your cover letter, state why you are suitable for the role.
- Submit all documents in one file (system accepts Word or PDF files).
- References will be required as part of the recruitment process.
- The posting will close at 5:00pm on the closing date of the competition.
Abbotsford, “The Hub of the Fraser Valley” is continually striving to grow its dynamic and diverse community. Abbotsford is known for its innovation, knowledgeable workforce, sustainability, broadband and digital equity which is why we are recognized as one of the top 7 intelligent communities in the world. Abbotsford is one of the country’s most culturally diverse communities with more than 50 languages spoken within the community.
Be part of the story and join our team today.
Closing date: August 19, 2022.
Please note: You should receive a confirmation email once you have successfully applied for this position. If you do not, please contact the Njoyn Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-427-7717 Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm (EST).