Trades Improver 1 EOCP – Water Operations - City of Surrey
City of Surrey
Trades Improver 1 EOCP – Water Operations
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
Are you looking for a job opportunity that has tremendous opportunity for growth and will make a direct impact in the community? The Engineering Department is looking for Water Distribution Operator 1’s to join their team! Reporting to the Water Operations Manager, the Water Distribution Operator 1 (Trades Improver 1 EOCP) positions involve manual and skilled tasks involving considerable physical effort in performing a variety of civil and utility construction and operations and maintenance related to water systems.
- Installs water mains, services and connections.
- Assembles pipes together ensuring that tees, bends, crosses, valves and services or related fittings are properly installed.
- Installs water services using open trench, trench-less methods or a combination of both.
- Operates (open/close/flush/repair) water valves on water mains and on water services and appurtenances.
- Maintains records, log books and activity sheets, as required.
- Works with map books and construction drawings.
- Inspects and maintains fire hydrants.
- Evaluates water quality.
- Cleans and secures work area by shoveling and sweeping.
- Deals with various chemicals relating to water systems.
- Assists crew members in performing their duties.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Water Distribution 1 course.
- Experience and training in Engineering Operations maintenance and construction.
- Valid B.C. Driver's License with safe driving record as per the City’s policy.
- EOCP Level 1 Water Distribution certification in good standing.
The successful applicant must have the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understands and effectively carries out oral and written instructions.
- Exercises independence of judgment and initiative in performing the duties of the position.
- Understands figures and numbers, reads construction drawings and maps of underground services, utilities, etc.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, hand/power tools, and equipment used in Operations construction and maintenance.
- Knowledge of current Water Regulations.
This Posting Closes on August 12, 2022