Senior Lifeguard - Town of Hay River
Town of Hay River
Full-time Senior Lifeguard position – Training Opportunity
Do you have an interest in promoting healthy activities to people of all ages in the community? Would you like to learn new skills and work in a great team environment? If so, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The position of Senior Lifeguard works closely with the Aquatics Supervisor to promote a culture of water safety, fitness and enjoyment. The position is responsible for water safety education, carrying out accident prevention and rescue, developing programming, and making the Don Stewart Aquatic Centre an attractive, welcoming and inviting place for people of all walks of life.
The following knowledge, skills and experience are what we are looking for in an individual in this role:
- Good swimming skills;
- Experience in customer service and public relations;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in Recreation, Sport and/or Youth Programming would be an asset
- Lifeguard certifications would be an asset, but training will be provided. Typical requirements are for this position are Bronze Cross and Bronze Medallion Certification, Standard First Aid, and National Lifeguard Certification.
The wage for this position is dependant on experience and pay rates are adjusted accordingly:
- Assistant Lifeguard …… $18.69 /hr
- Lifeguard ………………… $26.13 – 34.18/hr
- Senior Lifeguard …………$28.48 – 37.25/hr
The Lifeguard works 40 hours per week. Evenings and/or weekend shift work may be required.
A comprehensive benefit and pension plan, annual housing allowance of $500.00 per month and free access to the Don Stewart Centre and some of the Rec department run programs, are included.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check prior to commencement of employment.
Open until filled
If you are interested in this applying on this position, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter to the Town of Hay River in person or via email.
For additional information please contact:
Town of Hay River