Manager, Road Maintenance - Parkland County
53109A HWY 779
Parkland County, AB T7Z 1R1
With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes. We are currently inviting applications for an:
Manager, Road Maintenance
Parkland County has a permanent full-time Manager, Road Maintenance Services position in our Road Maintenance & Drainage department.
Reporting to the Director, Road Maintenance & Drainage, the Manager, Road Maintenance Services is responsible for the overall operation of Road Maintenance Services within Parkland County. Responsibilities include directing and supervising staff, coordinating work with other service areas, preparing and monitoring budgets and the general administrative duties associated with supervising the operations.
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering or equivalent is required. Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation, the ability to obtain this designation or certification with ASET would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in managing municipal operations with unionized staff including experience with year-round road maintenance and road construction including direct supervision of staff, developing, and directly interacting with customers and resolving their concerns.
- Experience with budget planning, project cost controls and financial management. Experience with strategic planning would be an asset.
- The ability to work with complex computer-based programs and applications including Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of asset management systems.
- Ability to communicate and maintain an effective, courteous and tactful service relationship with internal contacts and external customers.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Competition Number: 22-57
Rate of Pay: $105,240 - $131,550 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
Interested candidates are invited to apply on our website at www.parklandcounty.com
Parkland County has a nepotism policy in effect. Please contact Human Resources for further information on this policy (including the definition of a relative under this policy).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Parkland County employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act