Pay and Benefits Clerk - Town of Fort Smith
Town of Fort Smith
Lands and Development Officer
In the South-Eastern corner of the vast NWT rests the welcoming community of Fort Smith. The large boreal forest that surrounds the community is home to the largest herds of free roaming Bison and the rare migratory whooping cranes. Trails are maintained year-round to provide the perfect setting for your morning, or evening, bike, walk or run. All the natural features within the area means leisure begins at your front door. With 2500 people, the modest population of Fort Smith means that your presence within the community is welcomed and appreciated. Our locally run businesses provide the Town of Fort Smith with all the necessities you would expect from a modern community while still having the charm of a small town. The relaxed lifestyle and fulfilling work opportunities means that Fort Smith has developed a diverse cultural fabric and better yet, new residents are always welcome.
For more information on life in Fort Smith, NWT, visit our website at www.fortsmith.ca.
The Town of Fort Smith has an exciting opportunity for a Pay and Benefits clerk. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Corporate Services, the incumbent will be responsible for the processing of payroll; the administration of benefits and maintenance of personnel files; This position will assist the Finance Clerks with accounts payable, accounts receivable, property taxes receivable and utility billing; and assist the Director of Corporate Services with budget preparation, year-end preparation and processing financial reports.
The complete job description is available on the Town website at https://fortsmith.ca/municipal/careers.
- Business Administration or Office Administration Diploma, or equivalent combination of education and work experience,
- Demonstrate excellence in customer service and the ability to multi-task in a busy team environment is essential,
- 2 to 3 years of experience in payroll processing and benefits administration.
- Ability to work effectively, individually and as part of a team and work with minimal supervision,
- One-year related experience in a municipal setting would be an asset;
- General knowledge of accounting
- A sound knowledge of office procedures and practices,
- Knowledge and experience working with MS Office applications such as Work, Outlook and Excel,
The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal record check.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes may be kept on file for future consideration.
Salary & Benefits:
Pay Range 16 ($66,244.59 to $75,916.23) plus a northern living allowance of $7,715.79 and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit applications by August 15, 2022 3pm local time to:
Obrian Kydd, Director of Corporate Services
Town of Fort Smith
P.O. Box 147
Fort Smith, NT X0E 0P0