Chief Administrative Officer - Village of Cremora
Chief Administrative Officer
The Village of Cremona is a vibrant, energetic, and safe community nestled in the south-western corner of Mountain View County. The Village offers affordable housing, extensive indoor and outdoor recreational facilities, along with an enviable rural lifestyle. We have high expectations for sustainable growth and an optimistic progressive approach for the community's future. The Village is conveniently located, with Highway 22 and Highway 580 intersecting the Community.
As principal advisor to the Mayor and Council, the CAO supports the development and implementation of strategic objectives, provides executive leadership, oversees operational and financial management, fosters a culture of service excellence, and builds relationships with key stakeholders.The ideal candidate will have strong credentials in municipal or related administration, including knowledge of accounting and budgeting procedures and practices, and excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. We are looking for a person with a strong sense of community.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- A post-secondary education or a mixture of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- Prior senior management experience, preferably in a municipal setting.
- A strong understanding of the legislative process and knowledge of the Municipal Government Act.
- The ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, businesses, Boards and Committees, and the general public.
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development, and achieving results in building team and professional relations.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of Public Works requirements in a small urban Center including but not limited to water treatment and distribution systems and waste water systems and their certification requirements and responsibilities for the operation of each system.
- A good working knowledge of the Alberta Employment Standards and Regulations and also accountability requirements for Timesheets and Payroll, performance and maintenance standards of buildings and equipment and inventory management.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
For further information please visit our website www.cremona.ca
Job Type: Full-time