Clerk 3 , Property & Payment Services - City of Surrey
City of Surrey
Clerk 3 , Property & Payment Services
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward.
Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
As a Clerk 3 in the Property & Payment Services you will perform moderately complex and diversified clerical and customer service support work in various capacities. Work at this level will require independent judgment and initiative within defined guidelines.
Union ‐ CUPE Local 402 – Regular Full‐Time
- Use strong interpersonal and communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Provide excellent customer service experience to residents, business owners, and tax payers.
- Use public relation skills to communicate by telephone, in person or in writing to inquiries and complaints from the public and staff and provide the necessary information based on regulations and procedures.
- Maintain positive public relations while upholding policy.
- Uphold customer service skills at all times especially at times when circumstances are strained.
- Data process in an effective and timely fashion.
- Balance and maintain accounts and other records.
- Provide information to others, trace errors, and assist other staff in performing their duties.
- Have considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, current office practices, procedures and equipment operation.
- Use independent judgment in performing the duties of the position.
- Have sound knowledge of city operations.
- Have the ability to follow routine procedures with minimum supervision.
A qualified applicant will have:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by several courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications.
- Have two years of full‐time experience and training in an office environment.
- Have an accurate typing speed of 45 WPM.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.